Tesla Ute just around the corner ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car...-one/983694001/

Quote:
When asked if the pickup would be comparable in size to Ford's F-150 line of trucks, Musk said it would have a "similar total size." He added that the Tesla truck may be slightly bigger, saying it he wants it to account "for a really game-changing" feature.

For now, Tesla is focusing on ramping up production of its mass-market Model 3 car. The company posted a wider-than-expected loss in the third quarter of 2017 as it produced very few of the Model 3 cars. Tesla has had a number of problems with the production of the Model 3.

Cool, an F150 sized vehicle that provides it's own cargo.

Could be cool

A car replacement is one thing - tow vehicle replacement requires much more energy.

If by cargo you mean batteries yeah ....for sure..

The 200KWH battery pack in that roadster might be s starting point.

Will predict it will be a much longer tougher road displacing the dino half tons.

Superchargers arent set up for pull throughs or 200 KWH batts- complete infrastructure overhaul needed.

Its almost easier to do the short range semis than half ton and up trucks.

UD

Space will not be an issue.

Weight is another matter entirely.

Sounds like another made-up part of the shell game.

I didn't do my homework last night, but I'm going to win the Nobel Prize.

Ahh.. to you a Ute is a truck, to us a Ute could be an SUV or more likely a side by side UTV like a Rhino. Care to guess what the "game changing feature" of his truck would be?

Heck, why not a Tesla UTV in the mix? Wait, that's a golf cart.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Ahh.. to you a Ute is a truck, to us a Ute could be an SUV or more likely a side by side UTV like a Rhino. Care to guess what the "game changing feature" of his truck would be?

Pickup, or SUV - if they call it a UTE it has to be able to tow unless its made for off-roading primarily.

A V6 jeep can tow 5K.

game changing feature? Well see. I'm breathless with anticipation.

UD

Tesla Model U
banana2.gif

Can't believe GM didn't bring that Commodore ute to the states...

Are they popular?

Nearly as popular as bum-holes...them and the Falcons.

Could get them in tricked up "SS" trim, V-8 six speed. Turbo straight 6 for the Falcon.

Alas with the loss of the Oz car manufacturing industry, there's no more of them being made.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Where's the motorcycle?

Better yet, their airplane or cargo ship.
whistle.gif

Yes, that's already been done, and it might be hard to bamboozle money for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back