WIX 51040 Plus Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many miles would you guys say that combination is good for?
51040.jpg
51fVPTe8daL.jpg

If easy miles, 6000-7500 miles. If hard miles, I'd change at 4000-5000 miles. That's assuming your engine is pretty clean inside at this point. Chevron Supreme is good dino oil, and the regular WIX filter good too.

What does the Owner's Manual recommend? Second, make, model, mileage, and condition of engine helps? Help us to help you....Wix and Chevron are a great combination. Good luck!

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
In what engine? What type of use?

4.6L V8 Cadillac DTS 2011. Driven very slow like a church lady.

When the State of Cali fleet management did their ROI studies on oil and filter changes, many of the subject vehicles were on Chevron Supreme. They came back with 6,000 miles for oil, and filter every other change. Worked for about 30,000 vehicles out to 200,000 miles and counting.

So I'd say it's good for 6K in most vehicles
smile.gif

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with that oil, I just bought 3 jugs with a rebate for a cost of $8 per. But, unless Cadillac changed their spec, my wifes 06 sts 4.6L oil filler cap clearly states mobil 1 on it. We only use mobil 1, and she won't let me change it but once every 2 years....lol=4-5k

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: das_peikko
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
In what engine? What type of use?

4.6L V8 Cadillac DTS 2011. Driven very slow like a church lady.

I'd run a year or 5k miles. Could probably run the filter twice for 10k/2yr total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back