New battery in Nexus 6 was not a dramatic improvem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disappointed with the new OEM battery I installed. It helped some but I cannot go an entire day without charging it.

My next idea is to go from Android 7.0 to 7.1 via an OTA. Phone no longer gets normal updates.

Or Pixel 2 XL.

What does your service look like? if you are getting low signal it will eat your battery.

Also was the oem battery purchased from a reputable place? most will be cheap chinese fakes that arent as good.

Finally did you charge it fully and run it out a couple times so the battery level on phone can recalibrate?

I replaced the battery in an older phone and it was on 5% for 2 hours of screen on time.

After a couple days of doing that it recalibrated and the % of battery was much more accurate.

Good point above about recalibration. Also I would suggest looking into app settings and turning off background run access to a lot of them. By default most of the apps will run in the background and connect to their servers. It uses up bother the battery and data needlessly.

Hey Donald, my nexus6 still has original battery and I haven't forced any updates. I'm on version 7.1.1, build number N6F27M. My battery life is great, last security patch was Oct 5 2017. I believe when I received the last update that I was one of the last to get it. Don't know what gives but you should be on 7.1.1. Good Luck.

Originally Posted By: madeej11
Hey Donald, my nexus6 still has original battery and I haven't forced any updates. I'm on version 7.1.1, build number N6F27M. My battery life is great, last security patch was Oct 5 2017. I believe when I received the last update that I was one of the last to get it. Don't know what gives but you should be on 7.1.1. Good Luck.

I bought my Nexus 6 on Amazon and not Google directly. I did not get updates like I would have had the phone been bought directly from Google. Oddly my carrier is Project-Fi.

Originally Posted By: Rand
What does your service look like? if you are getting low signal it will eat your battery.

Also was the oem battery purchased from a reputable place? most will be cheap chinese fakes that arent as good.

Finally did you charge it fully and run it out a couple times so the battery level on phone can recalibrate?

I replaced the battery in an older phone and it was on 5% for 2 hours of screen on time.

After a couple days of doing that it recalibrated and the % of battery was much more accurate.

Maybe my battery is a Motorola knockoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back