Black & Blue and other books

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am familiar with the Blue book and Black books and NADA books for evaluating used car worth. Of particular interest to me are how the Blue & Black books acquire their information. Ed

I waa unclear. I wanted to know how the Blue & Black book get their information. I have observed that dealers like to use the Black book to get the buy your trade in. Ed

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I waa unclear. I wanted to know how the Blue & Black book get their information. I have observed that dealers like to use the Black book to get the buy your trade in. Ed

Correct, in my limited experience Dealers Iike to quote Black book (a paid resource) that they and its publisher claim is a better and more timely representation of actual value for the locale, current market trends, demand, supply, etc. it also happens to benefit the Dealer by showing lower (sometimes much lower) values.... any wonder why they prefer it? Example-a Co-worker was preparing to sell his early 2000’s Impala and upgrade to a newer used model. His research pegged fair trade in at something north of $2000, his preferred dealer who he was working on the newer model with offered him $900 for it “only because it had new tires, otherwise it would be $500”. He declined and sold it privately in 3 days for $2200.

I’m sure they all have some complex data gathering methodology and a complicated algorithm to determine value, but I’m not privy the the details z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back