PUP---noack & formula updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know (from recent VOAs or other) what the current PUP's 5w30 and 0w20 Noacks are?
Since it doesn't appear to go after Dexos, do we know (or will we know) when the latest update/change in formula is/was?

Unless I am missing something, it is NOT gen 2 approved. Neither on the PUP website, nor the Dexos site. So why would we think it's been reformulated?

I emailed SOPUS a few days ago about this and their plans with PUP, will share if they reply
smile.gif

I should clarify my statement above, all the Shell oils are d1g2 EXCEPT Pennzoil Ultra. Many of us cannot find the stuff anyway so the issue is moot.

I am sure the answer was they were not going to meet the new requirement with PUP?
I stated in November, when I stocked up on PUP that was on sale for my wife's Impala, if I made the right decision as it didn't meet this new standard. I have enough oil for 2-3 changes now and I remember reading it costs these Co's money, about .6 cents a jug, to have the Dexos label on the outside?

Regardless, since the oil I did purchase was Dexos 1 oil, I am not too worried about it as the D1-G2 oil is not a requirement in her car, only the D-1 is.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I should clarify my statement above, all the Shell oils are d1g2 EXCEPT Pennzoil Ultra. Many of us cannot find the stuff anyway so the issue is moot.

IIRC a few months back Pennzoil stated they had no plans on dropping the product, if that matters to anyone. Maybe it is a slow seller and they'll get around to the certification when they see fit.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
IIRC a few months back Pennzoil stated they had no plans on dropping the product, if that matters to anyone. Maybe it is a slow seller and they'll get around to the certification when they see fit.

That is what happened last time, after all. It makes sense to get the Gold and PP certified, first, as their priority.

Originally Posted By: jdavis
I emailed SOPUS a few days ago about this and their plans with PUP, will share if they reply
smile.gif

FYI - I did hear back from SOPUS on PUP. All they could say is that PUP does not meet D1G2 and there is no ETA for it meeting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back