The X Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to love X-Files when they explored weird cases.
It's when they jumped into the whole government conspiracy/ aliens abductions etc.. I think they lost alot of viewers.
It reminded me of the Old Nightstalker Kocheck- remember him. That's a series I wish they would re-vive.

Glad to see it back. For some reason it feels so comfy when the Smoking Man (formerly Deep Throat) lights up and inhales a nice creamy puff of smoke.
lol.gif
Wish I could have sampled the reversed speech audio from the very end of the episode to see what it was saying.

I enjoyed the original series. I think Scully looks better now, then she did 20 years ago.

This show seemed like an extended Ford Mustang commercial, and the actual commercials were for the F-150.

Overall, meh.

Used to watch back in the day. Not sure I want to try to get into the new one. The show's story line of an FBI team dedicated to investigating non-mainstream cases and fringe stuff was and is still cool though.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
It's when they jumped into the whole government conspiracy/ aliens abductions etc.. I think they lost alot of viewers.
It reminded me of the Old Nightstalker Kocheck- remember him. That's a series I wish they would re-vive.

That's definitely when they lost me. I couldn't keep up with all of the deep-conspiracy stuff. When I could, it was significantly more annoying than interesting.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp
Originally Posted By: Panzerman

That's definitely when they lost me. I couldn't keep up with all of the deep-conspiracy stuff. When I could, it was significantly more annoying than interesting.

I agree 10000%

All that government cover ups with aliens made me change the TV channel.

Oh man, that was the best episode yet......still in shock about who Williams daddy is. That was a total shocker. I did get lost when smoking man got burned up real bad and his face was all messed up, now he looks like an aged smoker. But, alien blood might have fixed him up. I get the feeling these next series will be about stopping the smoking man because he's become delusional. But still, freakin' GREAT!!!!!!!

"Cancer Man" IIRC was caught in a railcar explosion in an episode in the original series, never later seen until the series short reboot last year. Then it's revealed he barely survived.

How do you know he's telling the truth this time?

Follow up on the reversed-speech "alien" message at the end of the show. Some guys on reddit reversed it and discovered it says:
"If this is the end, it's been a wild, wild adventure with some of the finest people I know and the greatest fans that we could've hoped for," the user identifies the message as saying.

"Here's to you. The truth is out there, 2018."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back