Have you ever been a regular smoker/chewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoke cigars since I was 20; now in my 50s.
Not a daily habit; infrequent binge smoker on weekends.

Last edited:
Don't enjoy tobacco or nicotine for that matter, but I'd love to be a smoker if there were no consequences! Just having an excuse to post up somewhere, usually social, and meeting people/women
laugh.gif

Had a cigar phase, had a pipe phase.

Could never figure out the appeal of cigs -- stinky and cheap tasting.

But in the end I don't like smelling bad so any burning substance is not part of my personality.

I'd be alright if all smokers switched to vape. Much better if it smells like candy everywhere you go.

Smoked a pack a day since HS, at 49 I had open heart surgery to repair a huge aortic aneurism from HBP. Don't smoke anymore but loved every cig like it was the last one I would ever have.

Got to admit I sometimes like the smell of pipe tobacco and it just looks so sophisticated....
smile.gif

My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and chew tobacco. That chewing tobacco is one of the nastiest things I have ever seen. He was always spitting black gobs and pieces everywhere, totally disgusting. I do love the smell of pipe tobacco in the package before it is burned though for some reason.

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
My grandfather used to smoke a pipe and chew tobacco. That chewing tobacco is one of the nastiest things I have ever seen. He was always spitting black gobs and pieces everywhere, totally disgusting. I do love the smell of pipe tobacco in the package before it is burned though for some reason.

My grandmother who was from Tennessee used to chew!

Last edited:
No, never have and never will, it’s just plain disgusting.

Also I’ve never drunken before. No desire to, don’t see a need.

Stupidly, I was from ages ~19-26 or so. Back when name brand cigs were just over a buck a pack.

I smoked once, when I was at a range and figured it was just as bad as the air I was breathing. Beyond that, never nor do I plan to. Plus it is really expensive, almost $10 a pack for cigarettes.

That being said I do miss the days of tobacco advertising in motorsports. Growing up I loved wearing my Penske Marlboro IndyCar shirt to grade school.

Currently trying to quit as is my wife. (You don't want to be around here!
laugh.gif
)
I purchased a Vape before New Years and am currently on day 2 with no cigs!

It's amazing, despite the vape, the urges I still get to have smoke in my hand!
eek.gif
It is part physiological part addiction but I am going to beat it this time!
cheers3.gif

I did in my tech school years after high-school, and while I drove truck.

Then I quit for a LONNNNNNNNG time, until I started going through a divorce - and started again.

I use to smoke

Started at 14 when I bought a pack in a cigarette machine at a bowling alley.
Quit at 21. Haven't had any form of nicotine since.
I was a light smoker and didn't inhale. I liked Vantage.
My brother smokes and it gets in my hair & clothes when I visit him, disgusting!
Will it effect my lifespan? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back