Liqui Moly Ceratec

I added a bottle to the oil in my Gen Coupe. If that turns out as beneficial I'll add a bottle to my Accent with 150k miles.

The mpg average on the Gen Coupe started gain almost immediately. Picking up .3 mpg in just 50 miles. then i parked it for winter.

So if I change the oil every 5k miles and have added a full 300 ml per 5 qt, they say no more is needed for two more oil changes? Thinking of 300ml, then two 150ml changes. I use 150 ml per 2 qt transmission change.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
The mpg average on the Gen Coupe started gain almost immediately. Picking up .3 mpg in just 50 miles. then i parked it for winter.

So if I change the oil every 5k miles and have added a full 300 ml per 5 qt, they say no more is needed for two more oil changes? Thinking of 300ml, then two 150ml changes. I use 150 ml per 2 qt transmission change.

I wouldn't be surprised if it falls out of suspension while parked over the winter. I recall Trav posting pictures of an oil pan he had dropped in a vehicle that sat for long periods of time, and even after starting it up the stuff was settled at the bottom of the oil pan. He has similar results with it being used in a compressor. I'm not bashing the product, I think it is better suited in vehicles that are driven daily.

It would not surprise me either if it fell out of suspension. I had MoS2 fall out in a 3800 and Ceratec in a medium sized air compressor.
I have come to the conclusion that any solid introduced into the oil will fall out over time, no thanks.

Would not the next time you used the car it would become re-suspended? Not like it's going to turn into cement is it?

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Would not the next time you used the car it would become re-suspended? Not like it's going to turn into cement is it?

No it doesn't. The engine had been running quite a bit the week before I pulled the pan and it was all in the bottom, the engine did sit over the winter with the stuff in it.
It is probably okay for cars that get used daily but I wouldn't put in anything seasonal and mine are seasonal, either winter or summer but nothing year round.

Originally Posted By: Trav
It would not surprise me either if it fell out of suspension. I had MoS2 fall out in a 3800 and Ceratec in a medium sized air compressor.
I have come to the conclusion that any solid introduced into the oil will fall out over time, no thanks.

Me either. I caught residues of it in the nether regions of our vw oil filter canister, and after that, I decided against trying it again.

And that was a daily driver.

Whats wrong with just engine oil? Years ago when these concoctions were developed they may have had some value but today I don't believe they have much if any benefit.

I wrote Liqui Moly about Ceratec settling in vehicles that are parked for extended periods of time and here is their response.....

Thank you fro your trust in our brand LIQUI MOLY:

Some of the micro ceramic particles will settle, The rest will stay on the metal surface waiting to lubricate for the next start. As soon as you star the engine the micro ceramic paricles will move around with the oil.

Should you have any further inquires don´t hesitae in contacting us.

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards / Saludos cordiales

i. A. Jonathan Gysel
Anwendungstechniker
application engineer

F & E / Anwendungstechnik

Phone: +49 731 1420-429
Mobil: +49 162 2803163
Fax: +49 731 1420-44429
[email protected]

LIQUI MOLY GmbH
Jerg-Wieland-Straße 4 | 89081 Ulm | GERMANY

www.liqui-moly.de

What else are they going to say? That's like the wife asking do I look fat in this dress? Then the fight started.
Call me a skeptic but i am not Ray Charles, it stayed there till I physically removed it.

Anyone got a bottle of Ceratec snake oil they wanna offload? PM me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Trav
What else are they going to say? That's like the wife asking do I look fat in this dress? Then the fight started.
Call me a skeptic but i am not Ray Charles, it stayed there till I physically removed it.
So re you saying you had to remove the oil pan to get it out?

I used Ceratec in a compressor not an engine that was MoS2. I could see the Ceratec in the sight glass so I pulled the side cover and cleaned it out and changed the oil.
The stuff in the oil pan I found when I changed the rusted pan otherwise I would have had no idea it had fallen out.

The greenish grey stuff is MoS2 and no it did not mix back into the oil when the engine ran, the engine ran 2 hrs before the pan drop, the oil was still warm. The chunks are pieces of gasket from the tube that got knocked in taking it off.

The ceratec fell out in the compressor. The engine was running 2 hrs before I pulled the pan because that's how long it took me to get it out, I have no idea how long it ran before I forget.
No matter both product fell out of suspension, that's enough for me to avoid them or anything else that is a sold.

I have a small inspection camera for my phone. Next spring I need to change the trans oil which has 150ml of Ceratec and will have been sitting for three months. I'll drive it a day first then drain and look inside to see what's laying around.

Back