What are everyone's opinions on Everstart Maxx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replaced my old Optima red top that was installed on the truck when I got it. It lasted, according to the date sticker, 4 years. I replaced it with an Everstart Maxx 65s (south). I wanted a cheap battery that would be hassle free in case of warranty returns. I see that JC is the manufacturer of this battery. Any issues to look out for/common faults? How long have ES lasted in your experiences?

Good batteries. The real reason you buy one of these is 1) the price and 2) the warranty and 3) the nationwide availability of over 4000 Walmart stores to exchange it.

There is no other battery retailer with such a nationwide presence.

The group 35 Everstart Maxx I bought for my wife's car about a year ago was a Deka. I had no issues with it in that year but that's not saying much. I would buy another for sure, simply for price, warranty and Wally World convenience.

Edited: A Deka, not an Exide.

Glad to read these replies. I just put one on my Civic a week or two ago.
smile.gif

I got tired of needing a new one every 3 years, and then I looked up and realized that the ones my mechanic had been putting in (ACDelco) are only warrantied for 18 months. So I'm hoping I'll get a longer life out of these ones.

Originally Posted By: paulri
Glad to read these replies. I just put one on my Civic a week or two ago.
smile.gif

I got tired of needing a new one every 3 years, and then I looked up and realized that the ones my mechanic had been putting in (ACDelco) are only warrantied for 18 months. So I'm hoping I'll get a longer life out of these ones.

Same, I'm glad to see these

Consumer Reports gave several Everstart batteries very good reviews several years ago, but I didn't look closely at the results of their last set of battery tests to see if they were still highly ranked.
I decided to get a new battery after my cranking seems a little sluggish at 9F before Xmas, wasn't an emergency but nothing can ruin a nice ski day like needing a jump first thing in the morning when everybody else is in a hurry to get to the mountain and unlikely to take time to help you. Basically didn't even think about it and went to WM for a Maxx 35N, however that is also what I was replacing and maybe not feeling great about your battery after 3.5 years is not a good sign? At least my cranking seemed pretty snappy at 3F this morning and I started up fine at -13F over the weekend (although that was a remote start and I couldn't hear the crank over the howling wind).

The objective is to make it last short of 36 months, so you can get a new free replacement.
laugh.gif

Great. 35 months from now, I'll park it overnight at the nearest WM TLE with the lights on. Then, I'll show up the next morning and ask for a test.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
The objective is to make it last short of 36 months, so you can get a new free replacement.
laugh.gif

I have one in my VW van that is dated 11/10 Can't believe it is seven years since I replaced it. Have another that is from 2002 in another VW.

I had one in my truck a while back. It was OK, didnt last that well. Not sure any one is much better or worse than any other in reality, all the batteries are made by JCI to some price point.

My opinion? This is the one battery I have never bought due to fear of a bad experience at Walmart on an item possibly requiring warranty return or replace. That said, if I overcome my fear, I may go here if the need comes to replace a battery.

Stiff competition, though.. this year, soon, Interstate will be supplying all of Advance Auto Part's batteries, which is about the only thing that store is good for anyways - batteries.

Originally Posted By: paulri
Great. 35 months from now, I'll park it overnight at the nearest WM TLE with the lights on. Then, I'll show up the next morning and ask for a test.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: JMJNet
laugh.gif

Yes, and yes lol

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I ve had better luck with Everstart batteries then with AutoZone batteries for a lot less money. Probably all I ll ever buy.

I agree 100%. I've used to buy Autozone Duralast Gold batteries and they all never made it to 3 years. I started buying Walmart Everstarts 2 years ago and while I am not at the 3 year mark they are still testing good and even if they don't make the 3 years I still saved money on them.

The HEAT is the killer

Group 65 MAXX-1 under the hood of my F150 = 3 years.

Two each group 78 MAXX-1 in a custom frame-side battery box
(about 5 feet behind the starter)
in my Cummins swapped Ford F350 = 7 years

Temperature is EVERYTHING to battery life in Texas.

Do you all recommend to put them on a Battery Tender every now and again, since the alternator doesn't ever charge the battery to full capacity?

Sure just don't overcharge it or charge it when it's freezing outside. So the battery doesn't explode. A Pro-Logix smart charger would be an excellent option. Preferred by the boys on here.

Although that probably won't let it last more than 3 years since it must be like Hel.l down there with the heat. So maybe forget the charger because of your location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back