Motorcraft 5w30 blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what Ford recommends. It will keep the parts seperated as good as any other oil.

The only problem is Walmart quit stocking it in the 5 quart bottle. You have to fork out for individual quarts. That might cost more than a 5 quart bottle of full synthetic.

Yes, in that case I'd go for a jug of Castrol Magnatec 5w30 full synthetic for $17.88 right now and regularly $19.88 at WM. But prob cheaper than buying separate quarts of MC.

What SatinSilver said. The last time I checked, the above mentioned Castrol was about $0.50 cheaper than the 5qt. jug of Motorcraft. Another good oil in that price range is Pennzoil Gold.

Yep. I would change it every 3k if I was you. If you go full synthetic, change it at 5k. Turbocharged engines don't need the lazy a%% long intervals

It’s a good oil and there are multiple high-mileage’s trucks (posted on truck forums) that use it on Ford’s maintenance cycle without issue. The only problems I have with MC oil is the price and availability. It’s a good oil, but we don’t see too many UOAs on it because of those reasons IMO.

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
Will this oil hold up on a 2.0 L Ecoboost engine?
no more than 5K. I get pulled off my line work to do oil changes sometimes and 95% of ppl come back at 5K which is what we put in the stickers. The 2.0L's oil is always very very dark compared to the 1.5,1.6, and 2.5L. I'd sick to 5k max.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Onug
The only problems I have with MC oil is the price and availability. It’s a good oil,

I always wondered why they went up on price.

It used to be the best bang for the buck many years ago.

Originally Posted By: das_peikko
The only problem is Walmart quit stocking it in the 5 quart bottle. You have to fork out for individual quarts. That might cost more than a 5 quart bottle of full synthetic.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta

Motorcraft 5W-30 Single Quarts @ $4.38 x 5 = $21.90
Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 Full Synthetic 5 Quart Bottle = $17.88
Supertec 5W-30 Full Synthetic 5 Quart Bottle = $17.47

Motorcraft 5W-30 Single Quarts @ $4.38 x 5 = $21.90
Castrol Magnatec 5W-30 Full Synthetic 5 Quart Bottle = $17.88
Supertec 5W-30 Full Synthetic 5 Quart Bottle = $17.47
or purchase the 5QT jug for $18.97. I was talking about finding 5QT jugs. Not hard to do.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
or purchase the 5QT jug for $18.97. I was talking about finding 5QT jugs. Not hard to do.

Where are you going to get the 5 quart bottle of 5W-30 for $18.97 ?
Walmart only stocks the 5 quart bottle in 5W-20 now.

Where are you going to get the 5 quart bottle of 5W-30 for $18.97 ?
Walmart only stocks the 5 quart bottle in 5W-20 now.
??? I work for Walmart TLE unless this happened in the last week (on vacation) this is news to me. Unless my store had a last batch in? More than likely it's just back ordered, motorcraft is a very high selling oil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back