2017 legacy rear defroster issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
new 2017 subaru legacy, only the bottom 3/4 of rear window defroster works the top 1/4 does not...is it supposed to or is it an antenna ??

Have you looked in the owners manual? The 2016 model has it located in the upper portion of the rear window with the satellite antenna located in the shark fin. Check your manual.

If there's defroster grid there, it should be working.

Different topic, but how do you like the heat output?

I'm on my 3rd late model Subaru and you freeze your butt off for the first 10-12 miles on single digit temp days. The heated seats help on the premium models for sure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MParr
Have you looked in the owners manual? The 2016 model has it located in the upper portion of the rear window with the satellite antenna located in the shark fin. Check your manual.

+1 Nothing wrong

2015+

plus, on the heated seats, they are great, my wife got the remote start so it's warmed up pretty good after several minutes before she gets in even on single digit days, best 300.00 I spent for the remote start.

If the grid is bad they will probably have to replace the entire rear glass - old friends '09 BMW 128i had a half dozen lines not heating and they had to replace the entire rear glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back