Any body use Collinite #845 Insulator Wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Awesome stuff.

One bottle last forever, goes on super thin, incredibly durable, great shine, great beading.

..what's not to love?

+1 With two young kids I don't have the time I used to with the fancy waxes. This stuff goes on easy and looks great/lasts. One thing I would recommend if you're applying via polisher is finding a spray top (hairspray style)and give 2 sprays on a foam pad before applying. 2 sprays per panel. Less is more with this product.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Can anyone compare it to Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax?

I can, and there's no comparison...the 845 looks better and lasts longer...

Thanks. I'll try it. WM has it.

Wal-Mart is carrying the Collinite 845 insulator wax, or am I missing something?
Up here, at least as far as I know, it can only be purchased on line or from a dealer/seller who sells on line.
No jobber, dept stores, etc, that I know of carry it.

Hopefully, if I am reading this right, it is only a matter of time until they do...

One of the best things about 845 is I can wax anything in about the same time as it takes to wash it, and it doesn't stain plastic/rubber etc. 30 minutes on a full size truck with a topper!

Saw it at WM in Dallas.

Interesting.

Do you remember the cost, or what do you guys normally pay for it state side?

When I first started using it, it was around $15 dollars a bottle. It is now up around $25-$35, depending on who you purchase it from?
With the increase in it's popularity, outside of inflation, it has really shot up the couple/few years.

Originally Posted By: Traction
One of the best things about 845 is I can wax anything in about the same time as it takes to wash it, and it doesn't stain plastic/rubber etc. 30 minutes on a full size truck with a topper!

You work a lot faster than me, but then again, mine is all by hand. I assume you are using a polisher/orbiter to apply/remove it?

Originally Posted By: jimmyjack
I found this stuff by accident on the web several years ago and it is wonderful. Pretty easy to put on and man does it last. Check their website out. Very good products.

It's the only wax I use! Super durable and not expensive.

My friend uses it only as his "winter wax", he's a snob and thinks he's too good to use it year round.

While I'm sure there are glossier waxes out there, none of them are as affordable, and in my opinion, nearly as durable.

i use the 915 recommended for darker colors, a pretty easy paste wax with a deep dark finish for darker colors aka black my fav!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back