Choice between only two greases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if I would see less pin and bushing wear on my excavator if I use Schaeffers 238 Ultra Supreme Waterproof Grease vs TSC Traveller 3% moly grease? I realize the Schaeffer will last longer but I can make up for that with a shorter grease interval. Schaeffers is $8 per tube vs TSC at $3 per tube on sale. Please keep it to these two greases. Thanks

for a sliding load I would think a 5% moly grease would be even better?

And the schaeffers is 5% so the answer is yes.

Of course you could just buy a different 5% grease and it would be better than the 3% too.

edit: I'm showing no 5% moly grease at TSC..

you could go for https://www.amazon.com/Amalie-Pro-Tac-Moly-Grease/dp/B008QDIAA0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1514907233&sr=8-3&keywords=5%25+moly+grease

its 10 tubes for 42$ shipped.

The Traveller grease is 3%. I guess the question is whether %5 moly will reduce wear significantly more. The Amalie link is a good price for %5 moly. Not sure if the Schaeffer is worth twice the price.

Originally Posted By: liberty
The Traveller grease is 3%. I guess the question is whether %5 moly will reduce wear significantly more. The Amalie link is a good price for %5 moly. Not sure if the Schaeffer is worth twice the price.

A lot more to grease than moly%

Last edited:
The Schaeffer's grease will stay in the pins/bushings long after that TSC grease is gone. You can grease more often, but which pays more...running the machine, or running a grease gun?

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Originally Posted By: liberty

A lot more to grease than moly%

I must say, "You make a very excellent point, SIr."

I'd use the Schaeffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back