Hyundai 15000 km oil change interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my vehicles is a Hyundai Grand i10 ,still under maintenance contract .Dealer requires servicing at 1 year or 15000km intervals .Car has done 9000km since the last service in March 2017,using Castrol Edge 5w30 .My query relates to the noise of the engine and color of the oil after such little use ,surely the oil can go way longer than this ? The noise is a hyd lifter type tick that goes away when the oil is changed .Any views on the oil or interval ?

Some after market oil oil filters can cause noisy lifters in Hyundais.

Suggest trying a Hyundai OEM filter for the next oil change.

What's wrong the 9000km oil color ? Any goldenish/amberish hue if it's grey/dark grey ?

Hey, it's a diesel, isn't it? Diesels turn the oil black in short order. It probably could go a little longer but since you say there's a lifter tick that goes away after an oil change, I'd say change it now.

Whilst oil color in 'black' may requires caution and monitoring, but I suspect Edge 5W30 with 15000km in a Korean engine should be doable, more so if it's an A3B4 specs.
I'd done 16000km with Total Quartz 10W40 A3B4 with Euro II gasoline and felt comfortable so far.

Oops, is the i10 diesel or gasoline?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back