Walmart TLE and aftermarket sizes/rims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting new tires for my Liberty to go on some new rims I got for it (Moab rims from an 06 Wrangler Rubicon) and already called them and had them order them for installation. The employee didn't ask for any vehicle info so I didn't think much of it. Are they like Sam's club and will refuse to do non-stock sizes? My Jeep originally had 235/65/17s then I lifted it and ran 245/70/17 and going to 245/75/16 (same OD as the 245/70/17s) for the new rims. Just don't want to show up and there be an issue.

It may vary from store to store but as far as I know they won’t mount a non-stock size tire on your vehicle for you for liability reasons.

Last edited:
I had a tire shop question my stock size tires because they were much smaller than the tires on the truck. So yeah, the shop will not put smaller tires than recommended by the manufacturer. From what you listed, I don't see a problem with the new size or the load index between the two tires.

Show up there with the rims and they'll already have the tires. They can either sell them to you or return them to the warehouse.

Keep your fool mouth shut and you should get 'em.

Or, of course, you could have an 06 Wrangler Rubicon.
laugh.gif

I was thinking about carrying in the old tires/wheels (need to get the sensors out for TPMS) and if they ask, I do in fact own an 06 Rubicon and just putting factory sized tires on the rims (245/75/16 is OEM for those rims)
smile.gif
I just don't wanna start that game if I had to take it back for balancing or something, be a pain to keep that charade up LOL

Completely depends on the store. My store would tell you nope. My store won't touch a lot of aftermarket wheels. So don't be surprised. If anything walk the wheels in and tell them the tire size you want. Don't be surprised if they say no.

You might be able to bust the beads with a tire jack and the frame of your jeep to retrieve the old sensors.

Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Take the wheels off the the car and bring them in loose. This is how you avoid all this [censored]. Been doing it forever.

Thinking this would be the best way to do this as well...

Walmart TLE is generally incompetent and terrified of litigation. I know because I worked at one for a very short time before quitting. The policy is to only service a vehicle if the tires size matches the sticker in the door jamb. It doesn't matter of you have an OEM optional size wheel and tire or what that state laws are. Now, you might get lucky and have a TLE manager that is a car guy, or is so incompetent that they don't even notice.

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: TinyVoices
Take the wheels off the the car and bring them in loose. This is how you avoid all this [censored]. Been doing it forever.

Thinking this would be the best way to do this as well...

How I've always done it as well. I wouldn't consider even TRYING it any other way.

If I did do a carry in and say a sensor got broken somehow being transferred to the new wheels, would the Jeep need to be there to relearn that sensor?

Pretty sure as long as it's a compatible jeep TPMS installed on the wheel, the vehicle will self learn it. That's a sweet thing about Chrysler/Jeep vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back