College Bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Al
I think OU is going to cut and dice Georgia.

I think you are right
smile.gif

I was glad to see UCF beat Auburn, even though Scott Frost is taking Nebraska job. Bless his heart

The reverse just before the half for OU was perfect. Haven’t seen a QB catch a touchdown pass before!

Originally Posted By: bcossa2001
Bama is my team but I think the winner of OU UGA will be national champs...

Never count Bama out but they just don't have the horses this year. Hard to bet against Clemson. Georgia will do what they do best..Choke..

I expect to see Clemson vs Oklahoma...yes I realize those two are favored.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: bcossa2001
Bama is my team but I think the winner of OU UGA will be national champs...

Never count Bama out but they just don't have the horses this year. Hard to bet against Clemson. Georgia will do what they do best..Choke..

I expect to see Clemson vs Oklahoma...yes I realize those two are favored.
.Dawgs haven’t choked yet. It ain’t over till it’s over!

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Dawgs haven’t choked yet. It ain’t over till it’s over!

Well..guess this why I am home typing on a keyboard. They are having their way on the O and D lines.

Gotta give them credit.
Thing is though OU coach basically took the ball out of Mayfield's hands. Didn't allow him to do what he does best. Not saying the result would have been different. But it didn't help.

Go DAWGS

And then we have Clemson soiling the bed..
smirk.gif

I've finally started breathing again today......man, that just stings. Don't know WTH happened in the 3rd quarter. OU got complacent, but GA hung in there. This has been an issue we've all debated back when Bob was the BMFIC....he'd get a "comfortable" lead and then go idle. I don't know if he did that to try to reduce injuries or what, but he's done it in the past. Lincoln followed the exact same lead. I hope he learned from that and never, ever let of the gas pedal. BUT.....out of 37 bowl games, OU played in the top 4, can't really complain, but man oh man, I really thought this was the year. The stars just aligned up right. OU has always had Alabama's ticket, and with Alabama only getting a few days to practice for Mayfield, I think OU would have torched them. But.....oh man, it still stings.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
OU got complacent, but GA hung in there. This has been an issue we've all debated back when Bob was the BMFIC....he'd get a "comfortable" lead and then go idle.
We (PSU) tend to do that. Almost killed us against Washington.
But like I said (and you are probably agreeing) part of it was he didn't let the Heisman Trophy winner continue to take it to them. The D could no doubt and started playing scared.

I've finally started breathing again today......man, that just stings. Don't know WTH happened in the 3rd quarter. OU got complacent, but GA hung in there. This has been an issue we've all debated back when Bob was the BMFIC....he'd get a "comfortable" lead and then go idle. I don't know if he did that to try to reduce injuries or what, but he's done it in the past. Lincoln followed the exact same lead. I hope he learned from that and never, ever let of the gas pedal. BUT.....out of 37 bowl games, OU played in the top 4, can't really complain, but man oh man, I really thought this was the year. The stars just aligned up right. OU has always had Alabama's ticket, and with Alabama only getting a few days to practice for Mayfield, I think OU would have torched them. But.....oh man, it still stings.

GA made some good halftime adjustments on defense that OU never could quite figure out, and if OU would've even had a mediocre defense, they would've easily won that game...as far as the national championship game goes, I have to give the edge to Bama...that defense is healthy now and playing like madmen...

I don’t get how you think anyone let off the gas. It was anybody’s game through regulation and two overtime’s. OU had several chances as did Ga to win this game. Both teams left everything on that field, but the stars lined up just right for Ga in the second OT and with good blocking and a lot of luck Ga got the winning TD. Too bad one had to lose. It was one of if not the best football gamesI have ever watched. Credit goes to the Dawgs!

Last edited:
Please, we went from throwing to running. H$ll, they even took out Baker for a couple of plays....wth is that? 4th and 1.....at that position and time....you GO for it. We could have got one yard easy with Anderson in. Oh yeah, they took Anderson out too a couple of times and put in a freshman! You really think they didn't let of the gas???? Come on. Tepid play calling at best. That's something that Switzer never did....he'd hang half o' hundred regardless. Bad kicks, missed field goals, that happens.....what SHOULDN'T have happened was those freakin' holes right up the middle that got GA running backs into the secondary almost back to back. I mean...geesh....you see Chubb and Michel out there...guess what....one of them is going to get the ball.....STACK THE BOX, drop two safeties back to keep pass game in check.

Best thing that happened to Nebraska 2017 football was that the team was so bad that we didn't go to a bowl game. It wasn't so much lack of talent, I think Nebraska had some good pieces, but that Riley just couldn't fit all the pieces together. Hope we don't go to a bowl game next year or maybe ever.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Best thing that happened to Nebraska 2017 football was that the team was so bad that we didn't go to a bowl game. It wasn't so much lack of talent, I think Nebraska had some good pieces, but that Riley just couldn't fit all the pieces together. Hope we don't go to a bowl game next year or maybe ever.

I know how you feel. As a Wolverine fan, I am embarrassed over my team as well. Three years now with Harbaugh, the guy who was supposed to bring this team back to greatness, and they still suck. We were the only big 10 team to lose a bowl game this year. If they can't do any better than this, I just as soon they don't get a bowl game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back