Car Quest Branded Synthetic 75W-90, Blender?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any idea who make/blends Car Quest 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil? I have 3 quarts left over on my shelf from a job and was contemplating putting it in rotation either for my wife's AWD Santa Fe or a family member's vehicle. Don't really want to downgrade the gear oil in the Santa Fe if it's El Cheapo stuff since I've been running M1 in it exclusively. I don't see any telling information on the bottle anywhere, just Car Quest Distribution info. Thanks to anyone who knows.

21yogw.jpg

probably made by Amalie/Wolf's Head, just like their motor oil and ATF. If it says AOC on the bottom of the bottle, it's definitely Amalie
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
probably made by Amalie/Wolf's Head, just like their motor oil and ATF. If it says AOC on the bottom of the bottle, it's definitely Amalie
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks, will check for that.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
How could it be "El Cheapo stuff" if it's full synthetic?

Sorry, possibly the wrong epithet to apply. What I meant was to make sure it wasn't considerably less quality than the M1 that's in the wife's ride currently.

I'm running the SuperTech 75w90 synthetic in a small car, it shifts great and does not have excessive cold weather drag. Not sure who makes their gear oil, but I would buy it again based upon cost vs performance.

I use to use the advance 75w90 but they raised the price. Its less than a $1 cheaper than Valvoline now.

Walmart has the semi-syn 75w90 for around $6. Thats the best bang for the buck in 75w90 I have found.

Sure enough, as others have stated, AOC on the bottom so I reckon Amalie. Cost doesn't matter to me since I paid nothing for it but it is surprising how close in price it is to Valvoline or M1. Just gonna take up real estate on the shelf 'til I have a need for it. Thanks all for helping me get to the bottom of it. Don't know why I like knowing who makes the private label and house brand stuff, I just do.

Originally Posted By: 69Torino
Sure enough, as others have stated, AOC on the bottom so I reckon Amalie. Cost doesn't matter to me since I paid nothing for it but it is surprising how close in price it is to Valvoline or M1. Just gonna take up real estate on the shelf 'til I have a need for it. Thanks all for helping me get to the bottom of it. Don't know why I like knowing who makes the private label and house brand stuff, I just do.

Me too, and there's still a good chance I wouldn't run it even if I found out who made it.

Only a $1 cheaper would lead one to believe, (at least me) that it is likely the exact same stuff, but I always wonder, if it is made for someone else, if it is the "exact" same or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back