UOA advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am participating in the Pennzoil UOA program. My first UOA was with SuperTech Full Synthetic, 10k miles, and was done right after a round trip to Louisiana. My current fill is with PUP 5w/20. Likewise, I just returned from a trip to Louisiana. I only have 9k miles. Will doing a UOA one thousand miles early make a difference for comparison purposes? With consistent Sub-Zero temps, I'm thinking a 0W/20 might be in order ASAP.

There would be a small benefit to going ahead and getting a 0w20 in there now, for S. Dakota winters.
You could do the change now. The UOA comparison would be fine as you can just extrapolate on a per-mile basis. For example, if you got 10 ppm Fe on the SuperTech oil change, then that is 1 ppm per 1,000 miles.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
I don't think you're going to see a substantial change between 5W-20 and 0W-20

OWs are literally made for sub-zero temps

Originally Posted By: otis24
I am participating in the Pennzoil UOA program. My first UOA was with SuperTech Full Synthetic, 10k miles, and was done right after a round trip to Louisiana. My current fill is with PUP 5w/20. Likewise, I just returned from a trip to Louisiana. I only have 9k miles. Will doing a UOA one thousand miles early make a difference for comparison purposes? With consistent Sub-Zero temps, I'm thinking a 0W/20 might be in order ASAP.
Basing on the assumption of satisfactory ST 10k UOA and stronger performance PUP 5W20 in relation to ST, how about a UOA of longer OCI of say, 12-13k for comparison ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back