- 11 degrees outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like my blends of 5w20/0w20 still started this morning. Make up of qsud,pp,and pup with Ceratec. No chatter at all or ticking. Can only imagine what the wind chill made it but it was a bit chilly to
day. Glad sun was up.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
I had leftovers trying to rid myself of.
We all have that problem.

The Ceratec probably helps in cold starts. Provides anti-friction and anti-wear benefits that should work at low temperatures. Moly and hex-boron there.
The ZDDP doesn't get going until high heat and pressure. Any esters in there would help when cold too.

Yep gonna be lighting up the charcoal grill in a bit grill temperature of about -5F it don't keep me away I grill all year round. Pork chops and sirloin steak and usually a grilled cheese of some sort at the end.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Yep gonna be lighting up the charcoal grill in a bit grill temperature of about -5F it don't keep me away I grill all year round. Pork chops and sirloin steak and usually a grilled cheese of some sort at the end.

Be glad you're using charcoal, it was bout 10° yesterday when I was trying to use the propane grill. That didn't work!

-11 this morning. Just fired up the Marauder, sat outside from 2 pm yesterday until 10 am today. She was NOT pleased.

Cars do not feel a windchill and it does not affect the starting capability at any temp. The only affect of a windchill measurement is a potential for cooling down faster, but it will never mean the vehicle is seeing anything lower than the actual temp.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Your Civic doesn't recognize wind chill.

Incorrect.

Why for?

It was 8 here.

I can't tell much of a difference from about 10-15F downward. Unless there's wind
wink.gif

Car cranked and ran fine, but hybrid 12v battery is low for some reason.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Incorrect.

Why for?

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118225915AAUsJsa

Which explains heat shed via wind but also explains why wind has no effect on the temperature the engine sees when it's being started, which is generally what most people think about.

When you are starting your car and it is -32C, -45 with the wind chill, the car sees -32C. However, the wind can result in it taking longer to warm up due to increased heat shedding.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool

Incorrect.

Why for?

https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118225915AAUsJsa

When you're driving, you're typically driving faster than wind speed. Your engine does not care if the wind comes from nature or from the speed of driving itself.

Wind chill only applies when heat transfer is taking place. That requires a temperature difference between the object and the air. If the car has been off over night, the engine will be at ambient temperature so no heat transfer is occurring and the wind chill will make no difference to the engine, but you better keep your fingers and toes covered.

Originally Posted By: compratio10_5
Wind chill only applies when heat transfer is taking place. That requires a temperature difference between the object and the air. If the car has been off over night, the engine will be at ambient temperature so no heat transfer is occurring and the wind chill will make no difference to the engine, but you better keep your fingers and toes covered.

That's a good explanation.

Also, wind evaporates water off of your skin.(windchill affects this)
Your car doesn't have skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back