JET® - Power Control Module | 2000 Ford F150 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used the Jet module but I'd spend a bit more and get an SCT tuner. I've used one on my Ranger (4.0L OHV) for years now and can really feel the difference.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
You are going to get basically zero gain from a programmer on a 4.6L 2V.

Where is your proof on that statement?

Originally Posted By: lawnguy

Where is your proof on that statement?

Because the 4.6L and 5.4L 2V are limited by the stock heads and intake, and a 2000 is going to be non-PI, hindering it even moreso in that regard.

This is a topic that's been beat to death on F150forums. I used to own a PI 5.4L 2V Expedition and did all the research at that time. The gains were so small it was like just tossing money into the wind, and that was on a PI engine. Ultimately, to achieve meaningful gains, installing the TrickFlow heads was the logical move.

I have witnessed small gains (better than zero) but nothing substantial.

This is a topic that's been beat to death on F150forums. The gains were so small it was like just tossing money into the wind, and that was on a PI engine.

I never cared about more power (I have plenty) but I wish I had more control over my shift RPM points.

Originally Posted By: Linctex

This is a topic that's been beat to death on F150forums. The gains were so small it was like just tossing money into the wind, and that was on a PI engine.

I never cared about more power (I have plenty) but I wish I had more control over my shift RPM points.

And that's where having a programmer on one of these engines has merit, as you can tweak that stuff. Putting one on for the power gains is an exercise in futility.

This is one of those scenarios where dollar for HP-wise, I think a Supercharger actually shows some value.

An SCT will allow for tweaking all sorts of parameters. I ordered mine (like 10 years ago) and had three custom tunes programmed in based on my enhancements, transmission and gearing. Preprograms were added by Bama chips they did Mustang stuff. I think they went with American Muscle now and may only do Mustang stuff now. It does tweak shift points and timing depending upon what tune you are running and you can go in and manually adjust things.

My tunes were 87 performance, 93 performance and 93 torque. You can feel the difference and live data shows changes to parameters. I usually leave it in torque mode since I only drive it a 100 miles or so a week.

A super charger would be amazing,but I'm afraid it would not ever be able to get any traction. Tires spinning always.

And that's where having a programmer on one of these engines has merit, as you can tweak that stuff. Putting one on for the power gains is an exercise in futility.

This is one of those scenarios where dollar for HP-wise, I think a Supercharger actually shows some value.

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
A super charger would be amazing,but I'm afraid it would not ever be able to get any traction. Tires spinning always.

You'd be surprised, and probably pleasantly. Driveability would be pretty darn good, but you'd have lots of power available if you need it.

The ProCharger HD kit is probably the best option:
https://www.procharger.com/truck-superch...-2v-street-kits

60-65% HP gain, so 370-380HP flywheel, putting you right at a stock Lightning power output.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back