PP D1G2 vs QSUD D1G2 viscosity differences..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jdavis
any thoughts as to why that would be? In the past everyone figured that they must be so similar, even going as far as saying they believe QSUD might use the same GTL base however what do you think now?

Obviously, there is either a bit of difference in the base stocks, or the additives (pour-point depressant and viscosity improvers?)

But if you aren't in the know and don't have the "recipe"..... it would be really hard to nail down the cause.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: jdavis
any thoughts as to why that would be? In the past everyone figured that they must be so similar, even going as far as saying they believe QSUD might use the same GTL base however what do you think now?

Obviously, there is either a bit of difference in the base stocks, or the additives (pour-point depressant and viscosity improvers?)

But if you aren't in the know and don't have the "recipe"..... it would be really hard to nail down the cause.

I think so too judging by the flash points of both..

I also think the PP would be less shear prone

Last edited:
They've reduced moly quite a bit, still more than the majority of the field but a disappointing hit. The lower calcium isn't surprising given the whole low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) requirement of D1G2 but also disappointing. I have enough stashed while I wait for a few UOA data points to see how these new formulations perform.

Originally Posted By: crainholio
They've reduced moly quite a bit, still more than the majority of the field but a disappointing hit. The lower calcium isn't surprising given the whole low speed pre-ignition (LSPI) requirement of D1G2 but also disappointing. I have enough stashed while I wait for a few UOA data points to see how these new formulations perform.

Hopefully it's just a different type of moly.. it's on par with Mobil 1 numbers I see

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back