Do you expect a better, same or worse 2018 for u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my wife qualifies for disability it will be better. If not it will be worse...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: ZZman
If my wife qualifies for disability it will be better. If not it will be worse...
frown.gif

Thoughts and prayers for you. I always believe in upwards and better. Learn from challenges, keep your head up. Here's to a better 2018!!

Wed Dec 13 2017 daughter home from college, parks her car out in front of house, next AM neighbor backs his huge 4x4 violently into driver's door, pillar, hood, left front fender. Car still in shop, dropped off on the 22nd. 2013 Honda Accord pristine condition, under 40K miles. His sons ratted him out - on his cell phone!!

Tues Dec 19 Microsoft H1-B worker side swipes 2017 Honda CRV Touring with 5K miles. Indian fellow gets all old world India misogynistic on my wife saying it's her fault, blah, blah.........when cops arrive he cannot produce, DL, POI, or even registration. I guess he had this stuff, but not in the car. Police report was spot on, and cameras showed, no wife did NOT run and red light and swerve into him. It could have been much worse, only smacked the left rear quarter panel. Easy to fix in a couple days. I picked car up from shop Thursday Dec 28

Friday Dec 29, sitting at a light, same 2017 Honda CRV Touring, wife driving back from dinner, me tired, not feeling great. BAM shook from behind......young teen girl. Thank God no detectable damage. Got all her DL, POI, and registration info. Come on - the very day after I get the car from the shop? But not even a scratch, I climbed under the car the next AM, nothing. Young driver had a 2016 Mazda CX5 so the 5 MPH bumpers saved the bacon. Girl checking cell phone.

No one hurt. Lesson: Drive a demolition derby beater.

We will have obstacles in 2018. Always will be.
grin2.gif

No change expected here. Two salaried incomes, kids in middle school, hoping for a boring year. Next year I'm excited to check out new tax law and oldest starting high school. Two years from now I'll be getting a new car.

Better. I'll be getting married in September and hopefully starting my dream job if all goes well in the next couple weeks. Looking forward greatly to both.

Not to say 2017 was bad by any means. It was a good year for me and us as well.

Last edited:
Well then, I hope that your wife is granted disability so that things improve for you and her.
I expect 2018 to be about the same for us, as we spend our last years in the workforce.
If there is a two year buyout this year, I'll retire at once but this seems less likely now than it did a year ago when first rumored by usually reliable sources.

I really hope for a better year than 2017. I have 45 days left out of a 180-day contract with a slight hope to be extended. It is the best job I have had since 2013. The company is bringing more people in after the first so I hope this means I can stay or get hired.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I truly hope it's better. I have many doubts.

Similar here - at best it stays the same, but that's not exactly a good thing for me. I have a feeling it's going to be much worse.

I'm expecting 2018 to be a great year. When you look at our economy, our leadership, tax reform, unemployment, etc. everything is indicating 2018 will be better. I just became a Grandpa, God loves me and I love Him, I have all I need, my health is much better, etc. I've pretty much quit watching the news and that has really affected my attitude in a positive way. Nowadays, you just can't believe a lot of things you hear and see.

I can't remember being so optimistic in my lifetime. 6 decades... LOL

frown.gif

In love and with all respect not knowing anything about your situation, wouldn't it be better if she got well? Please don't give up hope. I've seen amazing things.

frown.gif

I truly hope things improve for you. It's emotionally draining when somebody we love isn't 100%. It also doesn't help matters when the system works for some while it hoses others.

Hang in.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

And the day you do that, is the first day of no more accidents.
After driving beaters for years I realized that everyone pays attention to you, which is neither good nor bad.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
frown.gif

In love and with all respect not knowing anything about your situation, wouldn't it be better if she got well? Please don't give up hope. I've seen amazing things.

Yes it would be nice. But there are many issues only some of which can possibly be corrected

I expect more of the same. 2017 ended with me being exhausted (the worse I remember in 40 years).

I've been thinking about changing job for a few months, maybe 2018 will be the year. Can't make up my mind.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
frown.gif

Thoughts and prayers for you. I always believe in upwards and better. Learn from challenges, keep your head up. Here's to a better 2018!!

Wed Dec 13 2017 daughter home from college, parks her car out in front of house, next AM neighbor backs his huge 4x4 violently into driver's door, pillar, hood, left front fender. Car still in shop, dropped off on the 22nd. 2013 Honda Accord pristine condition, under 40K miles. His sons ratted him out - on his cell phone!!

Tues Dec 19 Microsoft H1-B worker side swipes 2017 Honda CRV Touring with 5K miles. Indian fellow gets all old world India misogynistic on my wife saying it's her fault, blah, blah.........when cops arrive he cannot produce, DL, POI, or even registration. I guess he had this stuff, but not in the car. Police report was spot on, and cameras showed, no wife did NOT run and red light and swerve into him. It could have been much worse, only smacked the left rear quarter panel. Easy to fix in a couple days. I picked car up from shop Thursday Dec 28

Friday Dec 29, sitting at a light, same 2017 Honda CRV Touring, wife driving back from dinner, me tired, not feeling great. BAM shook from behind......young teen girl. Thank God no detectable damage. Got all her DL, POI, and registration info. Come on - the very day after I get the car from the shop? But not even a scratch, I climbed under the car the next AM, nothing. Young driver had a 2016 Mazda CX5 so the 5 MPH bumpers saved the bacon. Girl checking cell phone.

We will have obstacles in 2018. Always will be.
grin2.gif

"checking her cell phone" That figures. Younger drivers, especially the girls, can't keep from checking their phone every ten seconds. I see this in the who-hash choke and pukes all the time. Three of four of them, all with cell phones and checking them constantly. Here is a message girls, the president's wife is not going to call.

Don't know. Wife fighting cancer, so not sure how the year will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back