Which cars do you regret selling the most?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, the end of the year - and the memories of the past....

After participating in this thread:
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4619704/

I thought of the cars I wish I still had.

1) 1968 Plymouth Satellite (started life as a 318/3-spd car - ended up as a 440/4-spd car)
2) 1973 Road Runner (Originally a 400 big block car; had 4.10's)
3) 1956 Chevy Bel Air 2 door hardtop - project car, but sold WAAAAY too cheap
4) 1976 Chevy Cheyenne Super - 4WD shortbed, FULLY optioned, factory 8-track! (LOL!)
5) 1987 Pontiac Trans-Am (fully loaded)

Note: I had more, *ahem* "female experiences", in that '76 Chevy than any other vehicle.
I really miss those youthful days sometimes.

Which cars(s), truck(s), & bikes do you miss the most?

Never sold a car. Have scrapped/abandoned/given away a few, and some of them should have been savable, which is a bit regrettable.

However, my parents sold my Heinkel Kabine while I was working in London, without any warning or consultation.

I was pretty [censored]-off about that, but what can you do?

Could have taken them to court I suppose. Too late now.

Last edited:
I started on motorcycles and must of had 4 or 5 before my first car (still had a bike or two though).

Anyway my first real motorcycle, and the vehicle I still miss the most, was my 1980 Yamaha SR500. It was a kick-start only bike with a 499cc air-cooled 4-stroke single cylinder SOHC 2-valve engine. I bought it to go to university on, and it was my freedom machine, it opened the world to me. Camping on the weekends, taking cute girls for rides, learning how to fix my own machine. It was my bike and when I wanted to go somewhere, that is how I got there. I began to modify it a bit and turn it into a bit of a Cafe Racer. It was so much fun in the hills, rolling on and off the throttle, feeling the Thump of the engine, learning to be smooth and carry as much corner speed as possible.

It was taken from me early by a out of control car that slammed into me sideways. The bike bucked and threw me off to safety (I landed in somebodies front yard) just before the bike slid under the car and got bent into a mess.

To this day I can still remember the feeling of exploring those lone twisting roads through the mountain forests with that big single pulling me forward power-pulse by power-pulse. It was good in the dirt too, so I didn't mind too much when the road turned to gravel. I made friends with a few mountain hippies who would let me sleep on their couch, stare at their fire and stay the night. Five hundred relaxed miles later, and time to go back to class for Monday's lecture.

Last edited:
My only regret was having to sell my 1992 750i. V12, short wheelbase, sport package + Recaro seats. Full aftermarket Blaupunkt HiFi. Two sets of BBS wheels.

Truly the perfect BMW, but I had to sell it due to the 25 year import law.

Well if we bring in bikes, I really regret selling my Rickman Metisse, and also the Cheney Triumph I had at the same time. The Cheney is a rare beast, but the Rickman I miss most...it was my road bike, street legal - motocross bike on gravel roads. I've spent the decades since trying to find the bike that could mould to my soul like the Rickman did - no skill required, it went where my eyes pointed. And the XLV750, rare, and even more so now. I thought that was the one I was going to keep forever...oh well.

2007 Corvette. Gas was $4.25/Gallon, I had too many other toys, and no "Daily Driver".

Last edited:
1972 Pinto. No power anything.
grin.gif

#1 1985 mustang gt. Two tone dark grey under silver with red and black interior. Sold it after 10 years and it only had 8k miles. This was the last year with the Holley carburetor and no third brake light. Needless to say it was in mint condition. Sold to a guy I worked with who was a Ford aficionado and had several late 60s with cobra jets and I figured it was in safe hands. He lost it to his ex wife in the divorce and she moved out some muddy road and every time I saw it after that it was a muddy mess. Broke my heart.

#2 2003 Harley Davidson Softtail Duece. I had chromed it out and had many screaming eagle engine upgrades on it.....oh well

'78 Chevy Malibu V8 2-door. It was a solid car that had some issues that I didn't want to deal with at the time (30 years ago), nothing that I couldn't fix now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back