Alisyn Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.
In '77 I started with Mobil 1 in our new SAAB 99, in '78 started using Amsoil in my Ducati Darmah. In the 80's I was working with the folks at Aerospace Lubricants Inc. since they made the Tribolube silicone grease used in the CFM56 VBV actuators that Garrett made for SNECMA. During these conversations I learned they also made the AliSYN line of synthetic automotive lubes, and began using their engine oil, gear oil & specialty lubes in some of my vehicles. (BTW, they have long been advocates of "
Of particular interest was their gear oil. I was having corrosion issues "above the oil line" in the Dana 60 front differential of my F-350 while using M1 75W-90 - the cover, housing and ring gear all exhibited light surface corrosion, due to infrequent use and driving with the hubs unlocked most of the time. I mentioned it to ALI and they said the issue was moisture (from condensation in my case) in the axle was reacting with the sulfur in the M1, and their ProGear product would take care of the issue. I picked some up, and the stuff smelled like celery rather than the sulfur smell typical gear oils have and was super thin. They were right; I had no more corrosion above the oil line after the switch.

I mention the story as a way of asking if any other BITOGers have experience with Alisyn products?

I tried their oil in my Goldwing and my Jeep, and I will say this: They are not for extended oil interval changes at all. Wear metals spiked in both, TBN was down to nothing, and they sheared pretty bad. Very disappointed. I tried both for 10k in each vehicle, which is what I normally run in both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back