post your latest transmission lubricant change.

My mother was in town. Her ATF was dark brown, so I did a quick pump out.

2006 Kia Sedona, 124K miles.

4 quarts out (factory?), 4 quarts Valvoline Multi-Vehicle Import in.

She loves it; much quieter and smoother. Transmission was starting to whine.

2016 Frontier 19,450 miles

I bought a case of Nissan Matic-S. I was able to get a little over 3.5 quarts to drain (~11 quart capacity). The fluid was a brownish red (mostly brown) at first and after 3 D&Fs it looks like ATF should. I'll do the next one at 50,000.

GMC - 4L60e
Plug only drained 3-1/2 quarts (on ramps and XG16 takes 5) … did that 6 months back …
... so topped off with 3 Castrol MVS + 10 ounces LubeGard Platinum …

2010 Ford Fusion 2.5L / 6F35 trans

OUT: Approximately 5.5 Quarts - Mostly Valvoline MaxLife (Last 2 drain/fills were 100% MaxLife). Dark red/purple colored.

IN: 1 Gal Valvoline MaxLife + 0.5qt Motorcraft Mercon LV + LubeGard Red.

2010 Volvo V70/TF80-SC- 80K, 3x D&F at 60K, with genuine Volvo , then
Just a drain and fill at 80K using Castrol Transmax Import Multi-Vehicle

Can't remember which one I did last, but they were both pretty recent - 92 Honda Accord automatic - did a drain and fill - this car has no removable oil pan, just a drain plug. Drained out Valvoline Maxlife, refilled with more Maxlife. Takes about 2.5 quarts.

04 Honda CR-V manual - another drain and fill, since it's a manual. Drained out unknown fluid, possibly the factory fill. I bought the car earlier this year and have no maintenance history on it. Refilled with Genuine Honda Manual Transmission Fluid. Takes about 2.5 quarts

And this weekend I did a drain and fill on my Wheel Horse 312-8 garden tractor (8 speed manual trans) Drained out Valvoline SynPower 75w-90 gear oil, and refilled with more SynPower. Takes about 1.75 quarts

Serviced a buddy’s 2016 Mercedes E350 sedan. 42k miles.

Maintenance schedule calls for 6/60m intervals but he agreed to having it done every 40k.

Out: factory fill (still looked dark blue)
In: 5L of ATF134FE from the dealer, MB filter/gasket/pan bolts from dealer. Changed out just over 50% of the total fluid.

Also did the rear diff oil. There was nothing on the magnets but the fluid was green and grey. Refilled with Fuchs Sintopoid FE 75w85.

18 quarts of Schaeffer's 204SAT-ATF (including a quart to soak the clutches) with an NOS Mopar filter on a freshly home brewed transmission/TC about 500 miles back.

Drained & stored the 3000 mile old Amsoil ATF to pour back into the previous transmission after I work on the valve body & planetaries.

Brothers new to him 08 Ford Fusion 2.3L I4

current miles- 138,448

Out: Prob FF fluid
IN: 12Q of Motorcraft MerconV (used flush machine at work)

Fluid was pitch black and looks 80% better now.

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766

current miles- 138,448

Actually the Ford Fusion 5 speed auto (like mine and yours) calls for FNR-5 ATF.

2004 Lexus RX330, 145k

Out: Genuine Toyota T-IV. Full flush was done 21.5k ago, but fluid already looks nasty. When the last flush was done, the fluid was coffee.
In: Genuine Toyota T-IV, 13 qt flush.

Originally Posted By: tig1

current miles- 138,448

Actually the Ford Fusion 5 speed auto (like mine and yours) calls for FNR-5 ATF.

? the dipstick on the top says M V (mercon 5) i was guessing

current miles- 138,448

M V would be the Mazda rating which is the same as FNR-5 for the Fusion. With all this said I have used M1 ATF for the life of my 2007 Fusion and this trans shifts great up and down. You most likely will be fine.

current miles- 138,448

M V would be the Mazda rating which is the same as FNR-5 for the Fusion. With all this said I have used M1 ATF for the life of my 2007 Fusion and this trans shifts great up and down. You most likely will be fine.

You had me scared there 4 a min. Yea im good, it takes MerconV. Lol

current miles- 138,448

Pull this off the ford website by vin... had 2 remeber my work login...... it says MerconV

Last edited:

current miles- 138,448

MerconV

Did ol Bessie( F100) today. Used Havoline type F and changed the filter. Also installed pan with a drain plug.

Old fluid looked good, about 8-10 years old.

2016 Ford Focus 2.0 5 speed manual trans. Used 2 qts Ford Dual clutch fluid. I have just over 13,000 miles.

I have 2 Dodge vans with auto transmissions I need to do next......fun.
I'll be flushing them both, and using a good 30 qts of Amsoil between them. Also doing the pan filters, and installing a Magnifine for bothe of them. Cha ching.

08 Colorado z71 I5, 86,500 miles
Out: factory fill / AC Delco filter
In: 5 qts pep boys proline ATF (approved Dex vi) / fram trans filter & ultracork gasket
Old fluid was darker red and the magnet was full of metal mud. Trans shifts normal before & after

Back