More Dilbert Brilliance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/7-deadly-sins-product-development-travis-m-jacobs/?trackingId=LWxB%2F6x6ztqiSqGxaah9Jw%3D%3D

I loved the bit he just did about the Beautiful, Slippery and Brittle phone. "It's not our fault if the user won't buy an ugly case"
lol.gif

Nice, just googled it.

Honestly, I swear that Scott Adams shares a cubicle where I work sometimes.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
An excellent comic strip. At one time I had many of his books.
The cynic in me always appreciated Wally.
Wally_Dilbert.jpg

My favourite of his...

5a1eeaa99cac5cc6abe0864121bf20ef.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Nice, just googled it.

Ditto, I've often thought that Scott Adams has a spy cam in my cubicleland.

Nice, just googled it.

Same here. What really made me wonder is that at one place I worked there were two employee-management groups that tried to fix morale and improve things in general. They both put out meeting minutes, one relatively informative and the other basically the agenda rehashed, with the name of who was bringing refreshments to the next meeting being the only useful piece of information. The groups sent out a survey to see how effective we thought they were being so I made that observation on the survey, and I kid you not, within 2 months, there was a Dilbert strip where they were going over meeting minutes and the last panel was Wally observing that they forgot to list who was bringing the donuts to the next meeting...
shocked2.gif

Little more timely with our workplace...and it's one of the cartoons in the linked article (Pregnant Woman one)

Wallerawang we had a failed boiler circulation pump, and were load limited.

They are a cow of a job...the pumps (pic below) are about 2 tonnes (they are high voltage, and full of 3,000psi water), have stretch tensioned nuts, and have to be lowered down slinging them off the boiler structure itself...can only fit two people around it...that's it.

Maintenance manager said 2 people, 4 shifts.

GEneral Manager said put 8 people on it, I want it done by tomorrow

That days' Dilbert Feed was
AAMAAQDGAAgAAQAAAAAAAA1yAAAAJDQyNzgyZjZlLWVmYWYtNGNkZS1iMjg0LTNkNjhlY2E3NGVmYg.jpg

BCPs, now imagine that the space between them is filled with high voltage cables and cooling water pipes...
boiler-circulating-pumps-250x250.jpg

Maintenance manager said 2 people, 4 shifts.
GEneral Manager said put 8 people on it, I want it done by tomorrow

Uggghhhhh..... this happens ALL THE TIME in businesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back