Cooper SRX on Ford Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some new tires installed on the escape today. It had some 60% worn junky Primewells on it that were worthless in the wet. I originally was going to have Kenda Klever S/T tires installed but after looking over the tread pattern on both and haggling the price of the coopers within a $100 of the Kendas i decided to go with the coopers. They looked like the better built tire.

So far the escape rides and drives way better. Im anxious to see how it performs in the next snowfall.

Anyone here run the Cooper SRX tires?

Last edited:
They are on my cross shopping list for replacement for my truck. I ma leaning toward some General tires over these but will mostly come down to cost.

Only major negatives I have seen are the Coopers wear out a little faster than they are rated for.

I put Cooper above General any day. The story is too long but, here is the brief. I bought General Altimax RT43 based on Tire Rack reviews. Those were some of the worse tires I ever owned. I made the dealer exchange them for Cooper CS3 Touring after a month. Big improvement!

Originally Posted By: MParr
I put Cooper above General any day. The story is too long but, here is the brief. I bought General Altimax RT43 based on Tire Rack reviews. Those were some of the worse tires I ever owned. I made the dealer exchange them for Cooper CS3 Touring after a month. Big improvement!

Thanks crazy to hear considering we have them on the matrix and they are some of the best tires I have owned for daily driving. Responsive, lots of grip, excellent in snow and rain. Most seem to agree.

I'm running the Cooper Discoverer SRX tires on my wife's 2014 Highlander and they have been working very well in the snow this past week. Normally I run snow tires so I wasn't expecting these all seasons to be as good as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back