Lexus ES350 TPMS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife’s car, TPMS light is saying the air pressure in the left rear tire is low. I’ll check all 4 tires but can I just add air to the factory spec and be done, or do I have to recalibrate the TPMS system? Thanks

You should only have to fill air in and depending on the system it either goes out immediately or it requires a duty cycle, just drive it around a minute or two.

EDIT: Turns out some cars do require calibration. But there's usually something in the manual about it and they make it easy (like push and hold a button).

You do not have to recalibrate just from adding air
smile.gif

Your rear left tire may have a slow leak. Temperature flucuations can trip the TPMS....therefore overfill the tires a few pounds.

Fill with the engine running!!! (or in "on" position).
My Sienna was super slow (like a couple days) to recognize the change in pressure, but I learned if I fill with the engine running, the light is off by the time I'm back in the car.

Originally Posted By: TmanP
Fill with the engine running!!! (or in "on" position).
My Sienna was super slow (like a couple days) to recognize the change in pressure, but I learned if I fill with the engine running, the light is off by the time I'm back in the car.
. ^ This ^ ! Turned the ignition on, aired up the tires and light was off immediately. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back