durability of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all:

I tried Meguair's UQW for the first time yesterday and liked the results. I routinely use their Gold Class Plus liquid carnauba and I think the base coat was still pretty good but the UQW certainly did yield an immediate restoration of shine and "slick". However, what is the forum's experience with durability after washing by hand a time or two? Does it wash off or last a few wash cycles? Honestly I've gotten pretty quick with putting down thin layers of the liquid carnauba that the quik wax wasn't that much of a time saver for me.

I use it sometimes but it's not particularly durable. I think that it's good for maybe a couple of hand washes or a few weeks, whichever comes first. It's great for giving a quick shine but I doubt that it does too much protection. I'd stick with the caranuba if you can do it quickly. (When I use it, I just spray on the car before drying so it doesn't take much time.)
Bottom line: Better than nothing (for a quick touchup) but if you're willing to wax, do that.

Many spray on products, including this one, needs to be applied at each car wash.

Thanks folks. This was helpful. It really does look good but I'll have to see how it performs. Perhaps I'll post back after my next hand wash.

Spray waxes just don't have the same durability as paste or liquid waxes. They are however better than nothing, and by that I don't mean they're worthless either. I mean they fit where previously people would use nothing, like when they would wash between waxing. Now a days you either wash and wax with a paste or liquid or wash and wax with a spray wax in between.

They have their place just like every other implement. You should leverage that ease of application advantage and try to use it at every wash. If however you have the time and energy, do not substitute the spray wax for a regular waxing by paste or liquid.

Originally Posted By: NoNameJoe
Spray waxes just don't have the same durability as paste or liquid waxes. They are however better than nothing, and by that I don't mean they're worthless either. I mean they fit where previously people would use nothing, like when they would wash between waxing. Now a days you either wash and wax with a paste or liquid or wash and wax with a spray wax in between.

They have their place just like every other implement. You should leverage that ease of application advantage and try to use it at every wash. If however you have the time and energy, do not substitute the spray wax for a regular waxing by paste or liquid.

I am not even sure if this is a wax or not but I have used this occasionally between waxes just to give my vehicles that fresh waxed looked. I like it, I think it works well for what it is, but I wouldn't just use this and nothing else. It works great for getting those missed water spots or water spots/drip/streams that happen after you thought you were all done.
https://www.classicindustries.com/product/g5268.html

I don't like wasting time waxing my car and waiting for it to haze and buff off. However I've been using Optimum spray wax (its really a sealant with some wax) and it last about 3 months (if the car is garage most of the time the wax will last about 5 months) as a stand alone wax. The car is a daily driver however it is garage at night and left in the elements during the day.

I also use it as a drying aid every second or third wash if I want that freshly wax look and water beading.

I can wax the entire car in about 15 minutes.

The megs spray wax only last about a week or two, as its only good as a topper wax.

Last edited:
Thanks all. One thing is that I think this product will home in super handy for detailing door jambs, inside of doors, and the like. Good stuff to have on hand for sure.

I was also wondering if anyone has compared the Meguairs Ultimate Quik Wax to their carnauba version of it. I routinely use their Gold Class Carnauba Liquid Wax so was going to go with that, but then read on Amazon most folks seemed to prefer the Ultimate. Also, Meguiars said the Ultimate was compatible with carnauba base coat.

Eagle One Wax As You Dry is about the most durable I have seen. With a garaged daily driver it will bead water for over 3 months and 3 washes. Pretty good for a spray wax.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
Eagle One Wax As You Dry is about the most durable I have seen. With a garaged daily driver it will bead water for over 3 months and 3 washes. Pretty good for a spray wax.

True in my experience as well.

Meguire's and durability just aren't in the same sentence. While their products aren't bad and do have a place in the market - they just never impressed me for durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back