Mystic JT8 bummer ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Tractor Supply Co (TSC) has stopped carrying Mystic oils and now gone to mainstream stuff like Rotella, Delo, etc. I really liked JT8 for cars and trucks. Smooth, quiet, durable (little loss of idle oil pressure for many thousands of mile) and was easy to get. Now I have to go to Turloc to get it
frown.gif

I have used that exclusively in my 84 International and my 81 Kenworth ,for 10 years , I think there 15 40 semi synthetic is the best out there ,Farm and Fleets out by me have the 5 gallon buckets for 26 bucks after rebate about 6 times a year ,I also use there red grease on trucks and the moly black for the skid steer

they carry it at the local Fleet Farm but its over 4 bucks a quart and rarely any sales on it.

I used to buy it when it was under 4 bucks and they had frequent sales.

but lately no go on that.

Its good oil but i have a hard time spending over 4 dollars a quart on oil that isn't a full synthetic.

Not cheaper, but was/is very good oil, and sometimes cheaper. Kinda like John Deere +50 - runs under most folks radar.

http://pqiadata.org/Mystik15W40.html
smile.gif

I started using Mystic when the JD oils got crazy expensive around here. TSC would have it on sale a few times a year. Often enough that I could stock up some w/o having to buy distributor minimums (20 gal).

Got their last few jugs for $8/2 gal as they were clearing out. Sorry to see it go ...

And, yeah - I've used their locator, and my nearest distributor is now in Turloc. That's 2 hours away
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
they carry it at the local Fleet Farm but its over 4 bucks a quart and rarely any sales on it.

Its good oil but i have a hard time spending over 4 dollars a quart on oil that isn't a full synthetic.

I used to buy it at Fleet Farm in 5 gallon pails. They were $50 which was $2.50 a quart. Not sure if they still carry those though.

I still have a couple of those pails and use them for my drain oil.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder

I used to buy it at Fleet Farm in 5 gallon pails. They were $50 which was $2.50 a quart. Not sure if they still carry those though.

I still have a couple of those pails and use them for my drain oil.

they do in the heavy duty 10w40 and 15w40 i believe but just in quarts for the regular automotive oil which i checked the other day and is now 4.59 a quart

Our TSC just moved into part of the old Kmart building (literally nextdoor, uphill from the old location) but I haven't been in to see if their Traveller's oil has changed from WPP to Martin. They always had some Mystik products in stock. I wonder if the discontinuation is regional or nationwide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back