Are you a big New Year's Eve person?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't drink and am not a party person, so for me it is a big No.

I will be in bed before midnight as usual!

Not really.I had to work in prison most of them for the last 34 years.I did a fair bit of partying on 4-5 of them when I was off.Now usually sit up and toast the new year at home.This year I will be doing a gaming session at a friends house.Not sure if it will go that late.

Never was a big New Years party guy. We always did something with our kids on New Years and were generally always home just before midnight.

I've personally never looked at New Years as a holiday, except if I work that day and get holiday pay lol.

To me New Years Eve makes me sad in a way, I guess I feel like another year has passed and the holiday season is ending.

Also, ever since **** Clark passed, Rockin' Eve hasn't been the same... We used to stay up to watch the ball drop but now just dvr it and watch it in the morning lol.

Staying up past midnight lost its allure the first time I got paged due to a computer problem at work...

We'll be at home by ourselves.
We'll make some sort of special meal for dinner and enjoy a bottle of cava and be in bed well before midnight.
Real party animals are we.

Used to be when celebrating was a thing for me. We used to have the same celebration for new years as you guys for Christmas, family feast, along with presents, getting %!:+ faced, and TONS of fireworks (being neighbors with China helped). Now, I'm more fortunate financially and completely broke morally and of family values.

I'm happy to be alive and breathing and I do love the holidays however, New Year's Eve is just another day. I'll be in bed before midnight.

The only one I looked forward to was Y2K New Year's Eve 2000. I knew the gloom and doom was overblown.

I enjoy a gathering of friends on new years eve. However, I'm not going to stay up by myself just to watch the new year roll in. It's the people that make it worthwhile, not the TV.

No. I don't understand the big deal about it. The calendar starts over, just like each day and month and I don't see anyone celebrating that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: double vanos
Agreed, it’s a young person thing. I’m 65, so in bed by 10 or 11...

I'm young, and I don't do new years. So i wouldn't say "its a young person thing"

Originally Posted By: copcarguy

To me New Years Eve makes me sad in a way, I guess I feel like another year has passed and the holiday season is ending.

Same here.

New Year's in Russia is VERY different than here (in the USA), especially when you know people.

Gonna stay up and play Star Wars Battlefront II and hang out with dogs. Gonna fill up on smoked salmon and hope the noises dont cause any of my critters to have an accident on the hardwood floor. Might organize my PUP 0w20 by date made in the storage closet later on at 2am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back