Leather or cloth interior? What is your preference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always go with leather as long as a butt cooler and heater is available. Leather can last as long as cloth, but it requires more maintenance. With little kids, leather is probably a bad idea and I'd get a neoprene seat cover for the backseat.

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
I've had several of each. I prefer cloth, though I mean good cloth.

Cooler in summer, warmer in winter.

BMW and Mercedes used to have very tough, high quality cloth. The LRT in Edmonton used to have cloth seats made of the same material as older Mercedes. It still looked good after 30 and more years of very hard use.
They still have various cloth options but not for North America.

Even with the blazing sun here in Miami Beach [all year long] I still prefer leather. With window tint all around and a Sun Shade on the front windshield it is just fine.

Originally Posted By: Dadillac
I loved my GM cars with that oh so comfortable velour cloth.

I LOVED the velour seats in my '83 Skyhawk.

Cloth. The one car that has leather I placed a fabric seat cover on the driver's seat.

I also prefer rubber floors. Only my truck is so equipped.

I prefer the cloth found in my Taurus but no longer available today, so I generally get leather. Today's material is like a tight but thick spandex with a rough feeling to it. Supportive but not really comfortable.

In my former 1997 Ford F-150 and my 2000 Ford Taurus, I had a type of cloth seating that was standard across Ford and some other makes in the late 90's to early 00's. It was soft but supportive and the material is soft to the touch. It stays clean and is easy to remove stains with water and cloth.

You didn't sink into it like the 1993 Chrysler New Yorker my grandfather owned. Not a picture of his below. My grandfather's car had a tan velour material. After an hour in the driver seat, the driver was sunk down into the seat. This may be due to age. Though he barely drove it, material would dirty easily and not clean well.

Leather did well in a prior car, but it did need a seat heater in cold weather, and probably could have used a seat cooler too. Didn't show much wear after many miles, didn't stain.

I have no love for cloth but my current vehicles are all cloth.

The question of leather or cloth all depends on the car and situation. For my Mustang the answer is leather.

Before:

1930_zpskf2b5rb3.jpg

After:

20170425_135214_rev1_zpsqn804mno.jpg

Originally Posted By: FORD4LIFE
Even with the blazing sun here in Miami Beach [all year long] I still prefer leather. With window tint all around and a Sun Shade on the front windshield it is just fine.

Agreed.

20170315_123119_revA_zps33rsbykd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back