Ccold out there! Any gelling in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy who was tired of the heat in Houston and went up to Minnesota for a couple weeks. I guess he got his wish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
I know a guy who was tired of the heat in Houston and went up to Minnesota for a couple weeks. I guess he got his wish.

I found the International Falls area a nice place to visit … but uh …

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Howe's diesel additive used to advertise that if you gelled, they paid the towing bill.

I'm seeing an unusal number of tractors on-the-hook.
laugh.gif

MILs Newfoundland loves this weather. Wrestle her in the snow and she's just like, yup, more.
wink.gif

This week, I put about 1100 miles on an old Pete with a Cat under the hood. Our bulk tanks are outdoors, of course. The trucks, however, are indoors overnight. Our fleet of about 15 trucks hasn't had a single problem with ambient temps as low as about -9. I have seen more trucks on the side of I-39 with hoods open this week than prior weeks. I'm outside Dekalb, Il. Where in Illinois are you, salesrep?

Pontiac

Malta.... u know Roger? I have several folk I do business with your way. I will be interested to get the fuel reports from your area.

When I worked at Ryder...99% of the winter temp caused service calls I got sent on were air system related, usually the purge valve on a poorly serviced air dryer stuck open and the truck runs out of air and the parking brakes auto apply. In 35 odd years...I have only done 1 service call for a truly gelled up truck. Have had more than a few with a lot of frozen water at the bottom of the tanks (fuel up before ya park it driver!!) but that isn't gelling.

salesrep, if you mean Roger K., I don't know him but he's right across the highway from me. If you get up this way, maybe we could grab a bite at Martha's Kitchen!
laugh.gif
I'd love to know what Schaeffer has for my S2000 transmission, too. If I ever go down around Pontiac for any reason, I just might shoot you a message.

Originally Posted By: 2003GPW
salesrep, if you mean Roger K., I don't know him but he's right across the highway from me. If you get up this way, maybe we could grab a bite at Martha's Kitchen!
laugh.gif
I'd love to know what Schaeffer has for my S2000 transmission, too. If I ever go down around Pontiac for any reason, I just might shoot you a message.

I shot u a pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back