Best Way to Orient a Fumoto Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got 4 Fumoto's for Christmas. Is there a best way to orient the lever? Or does it matter?

Sometimes you don't have a choice because of how it tightens up to the oil pan. If you have one of the swivel or adjustable ones, I'd say position it where you can reach it, but not where it can snag on something while you're driving. Be sure to use the black safety clip that they make.

MIne is facing down. What I'm asking is as I am tightening it up, where should I try and have the silver lever end up. I was thinking to have it sort of behind the valve if you are looking at it from the front of the car. In other words, you wouldn't see the silver lever if you were looking at the valve from the front of the car.

I used the blue washer and an aluminum crush washer on the two installed. Had to try it a few different positions when starting the thread to get it positioned right. I didn't want the lever getting snagged.

Originally Posted By: JC1
I used the blue washer and an aluminum crush washer on the two installed. Had to try it a few different positions when starting the thread to get it positioned right. I didn't want the lever getting snagged.

Drain pugs never get snagged!

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: JC1

Drain pugs never get snagged!

But I'm running synthetic. I can probably go 33-36 miles with no oil
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Just got 4 Fumoto's for Christmas. Is there a best way to orient the lever? Or does it matter?

Merry Christmas! I've always positioned them to give me maximum protection of the lever. I've run them on a total of 4 cars thus far with excellent results over many miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back