Who makes Bosch AGM batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep-Boys' Bosch AGM battery sale has me tempted. I'm pretty sure Bosch doesn't make these themselves, so who does? And are they decent?

Exide makes them and they should be decent.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Get an AGM battery for your size. I use the Exide Orbital / Bosch AGM for the 51r size.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
The Exide flooded batteries are 100% garbage.

The one I have is over 5 yrs old and going strong. Only $55 at Rural King. They now have a 2yr full replacement warranty.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver

The one I have is over 5 yrs old and going strong. Only $55 at Rural King. They now have a 2yr full replacement warranty.
you got the only good one made that day lol

Or that whole year!

I spoke with Bosch Tech support last week about spark plug recommendations for my car. Since I already had them on the phone, I asked who made their AGM batteries that are sold at Pep Boys. They said it was Exide.

Funny thing was they refused to provide information regarding spark plug choice but to contact the Porsche dealer!

The 24F Exide I bought Rural King was OK. Unlike the Johnson ones I had earlier, it did not cover itself and surrounding parts in acidic fuzz.

I pass on the exide batteries as well.

I honestly can't believe people still buy their batteries because they usually don't last.

I try to get Johnson Control batteries or East Penn/Deka batteries

The Bosch Platinum from Pep Boy's does have a 4 year replacement warranty.

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/838845/01011/2003/BMW/330%2520Series/0/6-2979%25203.0L%2520DOHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back