Motul 6100 FlexMax 5W30 for Mom's Mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a good deal on 5 ltr jugs of Motul Technosynthese 6100 Flexmax 5W30(w/BMW LL01 approval) and was considering using it for my retired parents gently driven `12 Mini Cooper Base. It's not their primary vehicle and is driven less than 4000mi/yr, and only during the Spring/Summer months. I used Mobil1 0W40 when they purchased the car 2 years ago. There's only about 6000mi on the M1, but it is 2yrs old so I figured an OCI was probably due. The Motul is less expensive than the M1(even @ Wally prices) and I thought it might be a good alternative given the circumstances. Any thoughts?

Return it to WP. Their 20L jugs of Motul 8100 Xcess 5W40 is a much better product for the same price.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Return it to WP. Their 20L jugs of Motul 8100 Xcess 5W40 is a much better product for the same price.

Good pick up on the supplier! I have no doubt that the 8100 X-cess 5W40 is a superior product. I've used it myself in my Audi A4(have since switched back to Castrol Edge 0W40). However, buying motor oil in bulk(even only a 20 liter jug) isn't really practical for me. Like I said, this is basically for a low mileage, annual OCI on a vehicle which has a tachometer that never really gets a 'good workout'. I just thought the semi-syn Motul made sense in this application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back