Using a gas pressure washer at a townhouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a townhouse where you park underneath it and that area is owned by me. My question is will something like a gas pressure washer upset the neighbors? I primarily just want to run it once a month for 10 minutes to keep it running.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a question for your neighbors...

Would not bother me, but I'm not the one next door...

Last edited:
You are probably fine, but to be safe, I'd avoid running it too early in the morning or late at night.

Or just winterize it and save yourself some trouble.

Doesn't matter if it bothers the neighbors or not. Running gas powered power equipment as routine property maintenance is normal, and expected, as long as its during the day and not too early in the morning or too late at night.

Now if the neighbor is a night shift nurse/fire fighter/cop, etc that works nights, and sleeps during the day, it might not be a bad idea to be neighborly and ask them what time they sleep and what time they would prefer you to use the machine.

Go for it. Easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

You should do something with it though like blasting your rims/ wheel wells instead of just running it standing around looking like a goof.

Go for it, you'll know soon enough. Just wait until a reasonable time, like say around 0900 during the week, and a little later during weekends.

You will need to connect it to a garden hose.

I would add some pump saver and run gas tank dry and store it. Maybe some oil in spark plug hole. Or sell it if you no longer need it.

My guess is if you're cleaning the deck or sidewalk, you'll be fine. If you're spraying down an old engine sitting in the driveway the HOA will have something to say.

Running it versus using it would probably be the kicker to my HOA. If it was reasonable hours and you're running to for a short time to keep it running, I don't think my HOA or neighbors would have a problem. YMMV. I might advise my neighbors while not advising the HOA and let them tell me related to something like that.

Sometimes this site just slays me...Because a pressure washer is used in routine maintenance by the work crews doesn't give the homeowner carte blanche to spray it everywhere from their space while lifting their middle finger high....just as taking a dump in your deeded space and spraying the remains onto nearby cars doesn't absolve you of anything. Sheee*, it's basic common sense versus internet indignation of "sticking it to the man".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back