Nissan Armada Transmission Fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

My brother-in-law just won a 2010 Armada for 2000 bucks. All it needs is a bumper, bumper reinforcement, grille, and airbag.

We'll be changing most of the fluids on it. I've never really dealt with Nissans, so wanted to get your input on what is a good aftermarket transmission fluid for these.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Matagonka
Hey guys,

My brother-in-law just won a 2010 Armada for 2000 bucks. All it needs is a bumper, bumper reinforcement, grille, and airbag and paint and an inspection (depending on state)and probably an alignment plus any other maintenance the vehicle is lacking.

Fixed that for ya
wink.gif

IMHO, doesn't sound like much of a "deal" to me.
21.gif

To answer your question, as long as it's not a CVT transmission, something like Maxlife ATF or similar should be fine.

Amsoil CVT or Redline CVT fluid would be my choice for CVT fluid, since both are group 4's. Far better then the group 3 CVT OEM garbage. No OEM can beat the boutique oils, and it is not much more $$ to get a far better oil.

According to the online owner's manual and Amsoil Online Product Apps guide topic 2010 Armada is not a CVT, it's an AT.

Looks like Matic S is Nissan's Spec for topic vehicle.

If mine, I'd go with MaxLife Multivehicle (formerly DexMerc). Been running it for years in two Hondas and a Tacoma. Matic S covered in ML suitable for spec list. Also very reasonably priced at WalMart with WM .com online order for store delivery (3-4 business days), ~$18/gallon.

2010 Mada is a Nissan "S" fluid. They are very picky about trans fluid. I used MaxLife ATF that covered the "S" of Nissan and everything has been fine. Wife still has the truck (original owner) its at about 152k.

An innerwebs search says it's a Jatco RE5R05A trans. It's been around a long time and uses Matic S like said.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
IMHO, doesn't sound like much of a "deal" to me.

The KBB value on the lowest trim 2010 Armada, typical miles, and the lowest condition they price is $9900. Sounds like a helluva deal, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back