Advance Auto to carry Interstate batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this has been posted before. I searched and couldn't find anything here. But.........

Advance Auto Parts and Interstate Batteries announce a strategic partnership

Interstate Batteries, the leading replacement battery brand with the largest independent battery distribution system in North America, will become the exclusive automotive and specialty battery brand to Advance Auto Parts stores and customers in the spring of 2018.

Are these the white and green interstate batteries or the ones that are sold at Costco?

Notched corners on the cell cap covers = JCI which makes Interstate.

I like places with large volumes so batteries are fresh.

Interstate are very good, maybe not the absolute best, but very good.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Are these the white and green interstate batteries or the ones that are sold at Costco?

Are you saying Interstate batteries at Costco are different than the ones you get from a repair shop that sells Interstate?

Originally Posted By: Donald

Are you saying Interstate batteries at Costco are different than the ones you get from a repair shop that sells Interstate?

I think he's asking WHICH Interstate batteries are there. They market a few different lines of batteries. The green/white is their middle line which has been a reliable performance standard a long time, Megatron II I believe. there is a "Plus" line above that and a base line below it which is black all around.

I made the mistake of buying one of the base models a few years ago at Firestone. Did not last through even the warranty period in a very mild climate in very modest/easy use. When I went back Firestone, they told me they quit carrying them as the warranty claims were outrageously bad and they replaced it with a green top one. So I think he's clarifying whether it's that base line or the more reliable ones.

If AAP is going to carry them as their exclusive line, then they'll likely have to carry the full line from top to bottom to meet price points and customer demand.

Last edited:
That should be good for them.
Never really cared for the Autocraft brand they sell now, never seemed to last as long as Deka or AC Delco.
Deka is still my go to, but Interstate is definitely one of the better batteries out there.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Originally Posted By: Donald

I think he's asking WHICH Interstate batteries are there. They market a few different lines of batteries. The green/white is their middle line which has been a reliable performance standard a long time, Megatron II I believe. there is a "Plus" line above that and a base line below it which is black all around.

I made the mistake of buying one of the base models a few years ago at Firestone. Did not last through even the warranty period in a very mild climate in very modest/easy use. When I went back Firestone, they told me they quit carrying them as the warranty claims were outrageously bad and they replaced it with a green top one. So I think he's clarifying whether it's that base line or the more reliable ones.

If AAP is going to carry them as their exclusive line, then they'll likely have to carry the full line from top to bottom to meet price points and customer demand.

Correct.

When Costco switched from Kirkland to interstate branding, I went in to see their batteries, and determine if they carried euro sizes. I recall they were all black case. No idea which product range they are.

I do like translucent white batteries personally, since you can observe the water level.

I also think those batteries are different at Costco since they can only be warrantied/replaced at a Costco, which means the battery truck with like 300 batteries on it, wont carry the correct replacement. I called about one from a Honda and they said only can go to Costco, even though I had the MT-51 in stock. Sticker says warranty is only accepted at any Costco location, Void everywhere else.

Yeah the white case is a very good feature of those Interstate batteries. My old Megatron battery did just fine in my Altima 3.5. I would think that these Interstate batteries made by JCI would be a touch better than the regular Autocraft batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back