Frozen lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few hours ago me, the two crumb snatchers; err nephews venture onto ice to watch 5 guys play hockey. Very thick ice with very few cracks on Lake. It’s 14F here and no wind at all. Brother and I had fun watching “hockey game”. We may have a nice bonfire later with some pine and oak and pallets. Enjoying a ice cold labbat ICE now
smile.gif

Cheers!
08.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Few hours ago me, the two crumb snatchers; err nephews venture onto ice to watch 5 guys play hockey.

I only see one yard monkey; I mean nephew in the picture. My nephew left for MI this morning and will be back on Sunday. Then leave Monday. He grew an inch or two since June, really getting up there now.
smile.gif

Received a fair amount of beer for Xmas from relatives. Will be nice to sample since not feeling sick anymore.

Where are you in SW PA, what lake is that? I drove over Cresson Mountain on Christmas day, not a fun trip. That lake isn't gonna thaw any time soon.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Where are you in SW PA, what lake is that? I drove over Cresson Mountain on Christmas day, not a fun trip. That lake isn't gonna thaw any time soon.

I am at Treasure Lake or north of DuBois off RT 255 near I-80

It’s a gated community with 1,641 homes presently and we rent this house every year for 2 weeks

Matt: other crumb snatcher was on bench near where hockey action was
wink.gif

Very nice! Im in hibernation mode for the next week i think...warmest it will get is -2.2 Farenheit in next 5 days not including the wind chill..-29 F with wind tonight...couch, blanket and hot drinks.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Very nice! Im in hibernation mode for the next week i think...warmest it will get is -2.2 Farenheit in next 5 days not including the wind chill..-29 F with wind tonight...couch, blanket and hot drinks.

Yeah, the Camry cranked up fast but I did get a new Toyota battery yesterday and installed myself for like $100~ at a dealer nearby. Nice having friends all over
wink.gif

Interstate battery that was in there was almost 3.5 years old. Cheap insurance
smile.gif

Looks really pretty, but too cold for me, and I don't mind the cold! Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

It was 8* here in Southern PA this morning. I stayed inside and bundled up! Last couple days of my vacation and I just plan on being lazy!

Originally Posted By: Delta
Looks really pretty, but too cold for me, and I don't mind the cold! Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation!

It was 8* here in Southern PA this morning. I stayed inside and bundled up! Last couple days of my vacation and I just plan on being lazy!

Great point, I’m doing the same dam thing
wink.gif

[

It’s a gated community with 1,641 homes presently and we rent this house every year for 2 weeks

It's a small world after all.....

We moved here in 2005 from DuBois to get away from exactly that. Yesterday I rode my mountain bike on dry trails in shorts and a long sleeve jersey and was over dressed. Love it. My buddies were riding yesterday near the DuBois reservoir and it was 5f. What do you do for 2 weeks at Treasure Lake??

On this side of the world it's 36C (97 F) and I'm teaching my son to swim.

We are both as brown as a berry right now.

As a side note, the brazilian bikini is becoming more popular around here. We are a multicultural society.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
[

It's a small world after all.....

We moved here in 2005 from DuBois to get away from exactly that. Yesterday I rode my mountain bike on dry trails in shorts and a long sleeve jersey and was over dressed. Love it. My buddies were riding yesterday near the DuBois reservoir and it was 5f. What do you do for 2 weeks at Treasure Lake??

Relax and family and friends come to visit. Kinda have cabin fever since it’s single digit cold
frown.gif

Ah, I thought it looked familiar. I've been there a few times visiting a friend, but its been some years now. Dubois might be the coldest area of the whole state. I ueed to trek from Erie to State College in the winter, and Dubois was a always a good 10 degrees colder than Erie.

Been to DuBois several times, and it does seem to be colder up there. First time there I think it was -5° ans snowing, was not happy about that! It's a pretty drive there from my house. Go up 522, hit 22 in Mt. Union, 322 in Philipsburg, then I-80. Although driving it in the snow is not fun, especially a 3/4 ton van! Couple of our guys were there and had a call to go to Altoona when a snowstorm hit. Yea they had to hunker down in Altoona. Boss was wanting them to drive back up there in a blinding snowstorm, yea that wasn't gonna happen.

Nice. Enjoy!

May I be the debbie downer and tell you to teach the kiddos the signs of thin ice or unstable ice?
source: I lost 3 schoolmates to water (2 to ice, recovered after 1.5 days, 1 plus his brother to a river)

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Nice. Enjoy!

May I be the debbie downer and tell you to teach the kiddos the signs of thin ice or unstable ice?
source: I lost 3 schoolmates to water (2 to ice, recovered after 1.5 days, 1 plus his brother to a river)

Well, older gentleman that tests ice at various spots on ice told me yesterday it’s around 10” thick now and will get thicker over next few days with these -F low temps
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back