HARIBO Gold Bears!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so Santa delivered a few 4oz bags of HARIBO Gold Bears gummy candy to my son for Christmas since he said he really likes them. The problem is he let me try a few! Now I can't stop eating them man are they good! Anyone ells like them?

I hear they sell so many in the USA that they plan to build a large factory here to keep up with demand.

Just make sure they are not sugar free.
lol.gif

M&M's Peanut are the thing I cannot have in the house. I'll open the bag and pour 'em down.

Also, did you know that days after the story of the SEVERE distress caused by the sugar free Gummi Bears came out all the bags available on Amazon were sold out?

I'll bet many-a-bowl of those true belly bombers were set out at office parties.

OUCH!!!

Originally Posted By: Kira
M&M's Peanut are the thing I cannot have in the house. I'll open the bag and pour 'em down.

Also, did you know that days after the story of the SEVERE distress caused by the sugar free Gummi Bears came out all the bags available on Amazon were sold out?

I'll bet many-a-bowl of those true belly bombers were set out at office parties.

OUCH!!!

The sugar-free gummy cleanse diet. Sometimes it's good to get cleaned out.

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-SUGAR-Classic-Gummi-Bears/product-reviews/B006J1FBLM

excerpt:

It all started the day prior when my sugar tooth persuaded me to eat 2 handfuls of these sugar-free delights. Fast forward 15 hours 23 minutes and 44 seconds, the world shook. All [censored] broke loose inside me, a sudden headache, my skin began to perspire and something tore around in my abdomen with force enough to make me latch onto my couch with both hands and let out a sheer cry that sent my dog retreating into the bedroom, she probably knew the battle was already lost. I tried to make for the bathroom but the pressure was so intense I had to wait it out on the couch until a lapse in the gut-busting occurred and I regained control of my muscles. It took only moments before the volcano Mt **** had blown its top. The air quickly turned poisonous from the methane and sulfuric fumes that spewed forth. Violence and terror are understatements of what happened for the next 45 minutes. I sustained 3rd degree burns from contact with the lava that flowed abruptly from my bowels, my blood pressure was at record levels, and my body mass was reduced by 4 lbs. After ample ventilation of the crime scene I quickly took a shower and changed clothes because the powerful fumes had soaked through the fabric and into the skin. I almost had a mental breakdown in the shower after realizing those little gummy bears had nearly defeated such a man that I thought I was. I can now hardly bare to look forward through the night-terrors and PTSD that will come of this horrid event. . .

Originally Posted By: Camprunner
Now I can't stop eating them man are they good! Anyone ells like them?

Yes, but don't have too many in one go - major stomach ache recipe.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The gelatin, which is a major part of a gummy bear is made from animal skin and bones.
Article

Yep but not hooves. Keratin is different than collagen, I remember studying that in chemistry.

I devoured M&Ms for years. I could eat a half pound easily. Plain were the best but peanut were never refused. In high school my pocket was filled with them.

After 40 years of eating them I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My sugar tooth caught up with me. Now when I see those bags in the store I walk by but the memories are still there. IMO, they are the best candy every made. Mars made a fortune on M&Ms alone.

Originally Posted By: Kira

Same here. Back in HS my GF (at the time) and I had an addition to them. We'd plow thru bags and bags of them!

So glad I don't crave that stuff anymore. These days I prefer savory snacks like corn nuts and poutine!

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
The gelatin, which is a major part of a gummy bear is made from animal skin and bones.

Article

Is that why I always get compliments on my soft skin?

Originally Posted By: Trav
Just make sure they are not sugar free.
lol.gif

my first experience with DDR kids....3/4 of the summer camp kids traded their red commie pioneer scarfs for regular haribos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back