Tell us a couple TV commercials you can't stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many commercials today are stupid and make no sense at all. What commercials bother you?

Wayfair: Stop dancing!
PcMatic: The band singing their dumb computer song!

Last edited:
Lexus Christmas ads … an expensive car with a bow on top ? ~ in front of a fancy house annoys me …
And that dude’s voice annoys me more …

Charming … No. Helps dealers to get some units away from year end accounting …

Wayfair, PcMatic....? Just shows you how commercials are regionalized.

There's a commercial aired on food/cooking channels for Kerrygold butter from Ireland. It's repetitive and, therefore, maddening.

Anyone remember about 10 years ago when Petco (a pet supply store) ran their one-and-only commercial 15 times during the Superbowl?

ANY drug commercial. Happy looking older people frolicking about on screen while a muted voice reads out the drugs side effects like nausea, vomiting, cancer, dry mouth, constipation, cancer, diarrhea, skin rash, cancer, hair loss, weight gain, cancer, sudden weight loss, erectile difficulty in women, certain kinds of cancers, tender and swollen breasts in men, itchy cancer, mood swings, sudden vertigo, dog cancer, suicidal thoughts, fear of snow blowers, shovel cancer, and irrational thoughts about CK-4 motor oils.

Ask your doctor if BITOG is right for you!!! (psst, it helps if pick a doctor whose Maui vacation last year was a "gift" from us!).

ED commercials. The women are beautiful, appear younger then the men, and can't wait for the man to be ready to go....

Any Geico or Progressive insurance commercial, ever.

Most recently the DirecTV ads with the people getting happy about pouring coffee on themselves, sitting in gum, and walking into glass doors have been really irritating.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Any Geico or Progressive insurance commercial, ever.

Most recently the DirecTV ads with the people getting happy about pouring coffee on themselves, sitting in gum, and walking into glass doors have been really irritating.

Agree with the DirecTV commercials.

Maaco commercials. Not so much the commercials themselves (although some of them are terrible) but the fact that they are run 2-3 times during the same commercial break. At least that's the case on WGN in Chicago.

The Addiction Network, JG Wentworth, sick diseased dogs asking for money, hungry children asking for money, Shriners Hospital for children.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I avoid them by avoiding TV, so...

Exactly...I think TV is yesterday's radio where people used to sit in the living room listening to it.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
So many commercials today are stupid and make no sense at all.

But that's OK here, because they're all in Chinese.

Speaking as a Brit the most effective commercial I've ever seen was the infamous, non-localised, "Chicken Tonight" ad screened briefly in the UK.

It might have worked in the US, dunno, but it killed the product stone dead in the UK market. Couldn't give it away.

They are all CARP with the amount of money they charge everyone for cable TV their shouldn't be any commercials or your cable should be free!

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I avoid them by avoiding TV, so...
Ditto!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back