BITOG Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

Why is this board so archaic in its features? : Terrible search, when you post and edit it takeks 5 clicks (at least) to get it back to where it was, edit feature expires, no "New Posts" choice, no Gallery... Probably just me.

I'm already wrong it has "Active Topics"

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I like the format/layout of this site.

2nd

The layout of this site is superior to any other forum I've ever seen. Some forms are just a huge mess!

I like it!

There have been a few sites that went from a simple layout to a crazy one and I couldn't even figure out how to use the site anymore. I work in IT ...

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm a kiss principle kind of guy, so i like the format.

I don’t see all the Gumout and Pennzoil active banners anymore so that’s a start for speeding things up …

The amount of knowledge on this site from all the members should warrant at least the oil manufacturers to support it.

The amount of info learned here and shared with the public is insane yet there's no one supporting us???

The site needs more sponsors and then there will be cash available to enhance the features and make everyone happy .

Originally Posted By: Al
Why is this board so archaic in its features? : Terrible search, when you post and edit it takeks 5 clicks (at least) to get it back to where it was, edit feature expires, no "New Posts" choice, no Gallery... Probably just me.

I'm already wrong it has "Active Topics"

How much have you donated to help them upgrade?

You're on here a lot, ever think of helping them out with the cost of running it?

The edit feature is IMO just there in case you catch your own typo. It's unethical to go in days later and change things around after you've had people replying to your original post.

I also like the quote-cuss word loophole.
laugh.gif

Search is a disaster though and the auto-logout glitch is annoying. If I have to google search for an old post of mine in a new tab, the results put me back in a logged-out state and I have to cut & paste the URL back into my original, still-logged-in tab.

I respectfully disagree with you. There's actually very few posters with strong technical knowledge of oil. Many come across as handy car guys with opinions and anecdotes on oil. And a ton of parroting marketing information.

Originally Posted By: Artem
The amount of knowledge on this site from all the members should warrant at least the oil manufacturers to support it.

The amount of info learned here and shared with the public is insane yet there's no one supporting us???

The site needs more sponsors and then there will be cash available to enhance the features and make everyone happy .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Uregina09
I respectfully disagree with you. There's actually very few posters with strong technical knowledge of oil. Many come across as handy car guys with opinions and anecdotes on oil. And a ton of parroting marketing information.

Originally Posted By: Artem

Thing is … the “been there, done that” is just as important as understanding lubricant basics … As for more companies … no thanks … we already have a Pennzoil tab in the menu … don’t need a circus of that. The others are reading ~ why would you not … I put up my 2018 donation today … that’s one way to help if you can …

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I like the format/layout of this site. It's easier to search this site by using Google.

+1 . KISS.

If you want confusing layouts and constant change, go visit Facebook. A lot of those sites change because they have to, in order to keep people coming back.

Here content and knowledgeable members and their willingness to help, keep most of us coming back.

The search here is bad, but if you know how to work it, it can be somewhat useful.

The short edit time, I am fine with that. It allows you to fix a posting error, but not change a post after the fact.

No idea what the problem is to post (only took me one click after I typed this reply to post). Edit, click edit, edit the post, then submit. 2 clicks, same as every other forums.

UBB has most of the features you are asking about (galleries and such), but are disabled here. It cost money to use these features.

As for new posts, if the folder next to the sub-forum is yellow, there are new posts in that forum, with those posts having a yellow icon next to them. If no new posts, it is white. Active topics is similar.

The site works fine . My complaint is I usually browse when doing something else and some times in my haste there are no mistakes until I read the poat later and see the mistakes i made and can not correct them.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The site works fine . My complaint is I usually browse when doing something else and some times in my haste there are no mistakes until I read the poat later and see the mistakes i made and can not correct them.

I see what you mean
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: CT8

Well posted, and point taken. Sum xtra edit time would be usful in that evnt.

As for search, I mostly use advanced google search of site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back