SuperTech Dexos1 Gen2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Looking for my next OC oil and noticed the ST 5w-30 has the G2 cert. Seems like a good price on certified full syn 5w-30 oil if you don't want to fool around with rebates and such. Wallyworld of course.

I've thought about using this in my Suburban. But Valvoline FS Maxlife is not all that much more expensive, and I really do like Valvoline products.

ST would be a fine choice, especially since it complies with d1G2. You can also get Castrol GTX Magnatec Full Syn 5w30 for that price at the moment. Either way, you'd be using good oil.

Originally Posted By: wemay
ST would be a fine choice, especially since it complies with d1G2. You can also get Castrol GTX Magnatec Full Syn 5w30 for that price at the moment. Either way, you'd be using good oil.

This and I believe they have a rebate.
thumbsup2.gif

You can also get Castrol GTX Magnatec Full Syn 5w30 for that price at the moment. Either way, you'd be using good oil.

Missed the Castrol but there were some empty spaces.

I'd like the Castrol Magnatec 5w30 over Supertech. Just my preference here. Nothing wrong with Supertech. Just how well Magnatec has done in very tough motors has been rather impressive.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
You can also get Castrol GTX Magnatec Full Syn 5w30 for that price at the moment. Either way, you'd be using good oil.
thumbsup2.gif

Pennzoil synthetics have a $2/quart rebate, up to $10 back, apply online and send in a picture of your receipt.
That makes a walmart 5-quart jug of Pennz Plat about $13 after rebate. They are a hassle, but they have come through with sending it in the past.

I see the Castrol Magnatec Full Synthetic is just under 18 dollars as well. i dont' know if its dexos approved or not.

I've been wanting to try it but i have a such an oil stash right now I should probably wait.

Me thinks the cult praise for Magnatec was for the syn blend version - the new synthetic version is not quite the same animal ...
Originally Posted By: bbhero
I'd like the Castrol Magnatec 5w30 over Supertech. Just my preference here. Nothing wrong with Supertech. Just how well Magnatec has done in very tough motors has been rather impressive.

In all likelihood it is at least as good. "Better" well who knows. But I highly doubt it was a step backwards. And not a big change either. Shannow posted information that strongly indicated that in order for a oil to meet the Dexos approval the oil likely was 2/3 to 3/4 group 3. So it wasn't like going from 10-20% group 3 to 95% group 3. Much more like 66% to 75% going up to over 95%.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
thumbsup2.gif

Pennzoil synthetics have a $2/quart rebate, up to $10 back, apply online and send in a picture of your receipt.
That makes a walmart 5-quart jug of Pennz Plat about $13 after rebate. They are a hassle, but they have come through with sending it in the past.

Who makes the ST sold in Woodsville NH?

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Me thinks the cult praise for Magnatec was for the syn blend version - the new synthetic version is not quite the same animal ...
Originally Posted By: bbhero

In 10w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back