Raybestos EHT vs ATD brake pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put on Bendix CT-3 about 30k km of driving and the rear are down to about 1/3 left on a RX300.
They don't seem to last as long as Akebono proact that I put on before probably due to more aggressive material.

Now I am just doing some price comparison and saving stuff into shopping cart for next replacement.
2 pads interests me, Raybestos enhanced hybrid tech(EHT) and advanced tech pads(ADT).
I can see the EHT pads are GG front and FF rear, while I think all ADT pads are GG(hopefully).
CT-3 ended up being FF front and GG rear...

I am looking for good brake performance as there will be heavy cargo placed in the vehicle while travelling at highway speed so stopping power is a focus(hence I don't want to use Akebono again as it doesn't feel much stronger than OEM).

What's the major difference between EHT and ATD? I think at the end of the day, ATD is the more aggressive pad that will both wear the rotors faster and won't last as long itself. Is that the right assumption?

Anybody have experience with both?
Thanks.

I would get the EHT. They use iron instead of copper so a little better performance but not much more dust as it still uses ceramic for the majority of the material. Put several sets on some customers trucks that also wanted a little better performance in the brake department but not semi-metallic brake dust.

Many of Boschs Quietcast brake pads use iron instead of copper and give a little better performance than the older copper based ceramic.

This is only my opinion but, on our '01 RX300, I didn't like the GG Coefficient of Friction(CoF) pads. They never seemed to have the proper bite that I prefer in everyday-ness(such as OE pads or Akebono)compared to FF CoF pads. I too used Akebono ProACT on our RX. Loved'em!

However without realizing, I installed GG CoF pads(14 yrs later) before I sold the RX when with good intent, I just wanted to install new brake pads. The brand that I purchased just happened to be GG Cof. Recently, I installed new pads on my daughter's Mazda3 in my signature. These pads too were GG CoF and I'm not a keen on these either as compared to the FF CoF that I removed.

Even though the GG CoF brake pads are supposed to be the better pads, I am just not experiencing that benefit in everyday-ness from the initial bite nor when they're HOT!

Since you are considering using Raybestos, I have had very good success with their ProGrade and Service Grade Ceramic Pads. Low dusting, quiet, good bite and decent longevity.

However, this is just my experience and opinion. Good Luck!

CB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back