White Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed something to do today so I did a white out on my M&P 1.0. I have never done this before and think it came out quite well. I might do it to a few other firearms I own.
I watched some videos on YT on how it's done, then took a little bit of information from each video and combined them.
Opinions (those that don't like it please don't beat me up too bad)?

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Does it hold up under gun solvents?

I used finger nail polish. I built it up on the letters then scraped off the excess with a business card. I then let that dry about 15 minutes and used non-acetone nail polish remover to remove the excess. I then cleaned my 1.0 using Hoppes #9 then lightly oiled it with a 3 IN 1 oiled rag.
So yes, it did hold up to the Hoppes solvent.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

I know I am "different" but why? To each his own though.
I suppose though 40 years ago I would have thoughtj it was cool.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: Al
11.gif

I have nothing to do all day but either read or watch TV. I saw a few posts on other websites and thought, I can do that. So I watched YT videos about it and came up with my own plan of attack.
It helped pass a couple of hours of the day doing something.
Just curious, but does it bother you that people do this to their guns? If so, why?
smile.gif

I've discovered in both the gun and car cultures that people can be very judgemental of others if they do something different. I have been going out of my way to try and not to be and try to see it from the viewpoint of the person that is hyped up over doing whatever they did.

Something like a medium gray might look pretty good too.

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
11.gif

Just curious, but does it bother you that people do this to their guns? If so, why?
smile.gif

Good question. I tend to be judgemental when I see others do something "silly" (as perceived by me) Yet I do understand that one size doess not fit all.
21.gif

To me firearms fall in 2 catagories: tools and collectables. I personally don't see the OP's gun fitting in my own little unsophistigated world.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
11.gif

smile.gif

Good question. I tend to be judgemental when I see others do something "silly" (as perceived by me) Yet I do understand that one size doess not fit all.
21.gif

To me firearms fall in 2 catagories: tools and collectables. I personally don't see the OP's gun fitting in my own little unsophistigated world.
smile.gif

I can respect your replies.
My son bought the gun for me from BUD'S GUNS. It's a DPD trade in. The gun was bought by DPD, but never issued. It was made the 3rd week of December 2015 with all of the latest M&P updates. It came with 3-15 rd. mags, night sights, box, yadda, yadda.
When I drop my .357 SIG barrel into it, it's a REAL TACK DRIVER! It's not too bad with .40's as well.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I think I posted this pic before. But this is my Beretta with the lettering highlighted in gold. It was an inlay kit made for that purpose.

I like that gold color. It really blends in with the grips. I don't think white wood have looked as good. Great job, and nice gun.
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
I’m “meh” on the white.

Do it in red on one of your other guns and post up photos.

I have an AR-556 that has Ruger eagles all over it. I think I will do the eagles in red. I have 2 Drs. appointments today, so when I return home that will give me something to do.

I like the highlight markings. It's a matter of taste though, and both Bill and the OP have nice looking pistols there.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I think I posted this pic before. But this is my Beretta with the lettering highlighted in gold. It was an inlay kit made for that purpose.

That is one nice looking gun.

OP - Perfect looking job, and I mean that.
Like others have said, next time try a light gray.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back