Head Scratcher for the Cable Modem Experts ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Zoom 5370 modem I got has a built in Spectrum Analyzer, the page for it is on port 22267. Feature of the Broadcom chipset used by the modem.

Below is a screen cap, red arrow and question mark added by me. So, what is "Birth Certificate" and why is there an button to Capture data for said birth certificate. I assume it is a snapshot of current signal quality on the cable? But what is it used for and why would it be called a birth certificate ?

Zoom5370_Spectrum_Analyzer.png

Here's what I found in a search, might help you get started with the right words to search.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/2...rth-Certificate

Birth Certificates – This tool enables operators to capture the baseline threshold levels of installed devices, creating enforceable QoS levels and greater accountability. With reporting features to identify installation trends and performance variances, operators can ensure that devices are installed successfully, reducing costly truck rolls, and certificates can be re-set at any given point for previously-installed subscribers to provide a benchmark from which to begin tracking future performance levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back