So that's what engine oil tastes like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next thing you know there will be posts about the flavor merits of one oil over another on here.

"MY chosen oil tastes great with Coke!"

Towards the end of a presentation to a potential cliente where I had explained all the benefits of group II API oils (I forget what classification we were up to at the time), the "engineer" who I was presenting to asked for a sample, opened it, drank some, and said it was no good.

Reminds of the Iraqi torture scene in "Three Kings" (1999) where Mark Wahlberg was forced to drink crude oil by Iraqi scumbags. In the movie, he didn't seem to be affected by it. At least there were no chemical additives in that crud. I'd think drinking a motor oil could kill you mainly due to the additives.

I'll tell you, a drop of old differential oil tastes bad, very bad.
Also, keep your mouth closed while working under a pumpkin after you remove the cover...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Next thing you know there will be posts about the flavor merits of one oil over another on here.

Synthetic is better for you than dino!"
25.gif

Originally Posted By: John_K

We could have the old Miller Lite "Tastes Geat. Less Filling." debate. pick a side of that and yell back and forth

Quite a few years ago there was a news clip on TV about a someone in Mexico who used engine oil in a deep-fry food cooker and sold the fried food to the general public. The people who ate the food developed progeria (aging many years beyond their actual age).

So with that history, there could be something in engine oil that is not good for human consumption.

Originally Posted By: JimPghPA
The people who ate the food developed progeria (aging many years beyond their actual age). So with that history, there could be something in engine oil that is not good for human consumption.
I'm no doctor (but I play one on TV...), so I'd think it would shut down a liver and kill you.
Back in the 1980's there was a woman (Black Widow) who had gone through 4 husband's deaths, and on the 5th death the cops finally figured out she had been gradually putting a little ethylene glycol anti-freeze in their beer for years to kill their livers.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: John_K

We could have the old Miller Lite "Tastes Geat. Less Filling." debate. pick a side of that and yell back and forth

cold-filtered?

Only cold filtered if the oil was put through a Fram Ultra outside in at least -20°F then drank from a steel cup that was at that ambient temperature as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back