2006 Civic EX Key Fob Battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So looks like since it's cold and key fob battery is acting up. It's CR1616 3V one.

Locally they are asking $8.5/2 pieces, do you guys have any preference or can just buy it from anywhere? Like ebay or amazon and a battery is a battery
smile.gif

Thanks for the advice and help.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: 2010Civic
I bought 5 pack of Energizer CR1616's on Amazon for $4 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CT180M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Replaced the key fob battery in my wife's 2008 Civic EX-L and my moms 2005 Honda Accord. Both were easy and work great.

Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.

By any chance, was it pain to remove the screw?

It wasn't for the ones I did. Just make sure you have a screwdriver that fits the screw well. And push hard so you don't strip it. Pretty easy.

If it is the original key fob (as it was in my 05 accord) you might have a problem opening it up being that they put some crazy type of tread locker on the screw, I ended up stripping the screw and tread even with a swiss set of precision screwdrivers, I had to end up buying one of those remote jacket rubber things to keep it together. For some people it was easy as described and others have had my experience (just look around on the forums).

Yeah, many people suggest to heat up the tip of key, as it can make thread locker melt and a bit easy to open it up.

Worst case, I can use the key manually.

I have a lifetime supply of Lithium coin batteries. Bought them from China, it was something like $20 for 20 cards of six per package, the two most common sizes (CR 2032 and I forget the other designation). I give them away to friends and family. Lithium have a long shelf life, so the expiry date didn't scare me (I bought them a while ago, and they are listed at 2018 and 2022) especially since I can replace them at will. But the ones I do use last just fine so far.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
I usually just buy those types of batteries on eBay. Although 20 for $13.30 might be overkill.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Energizer-ECR1616-Lithium-3-v-Coin-Cell-Battery-20-Pack/152538992753

Just being sarcastic and hopefully wolf will get it, after I have tenants, then maybe I'll buy these many batteries
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm not sure how many your fob uses, but I've got 4 fobs and keyless go tends to kill the batteries so that's why I get a 20 pack so it'll last a few years.

Just being sarcastic and hopefully wolf will get it, after I have tenants, then maybe I'll buy these many batteries
laugh.gif

He won't get it sorry to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back