Motorcraft Syn blend

Status
Not open for further replies.
particularly the 5W30, would it be ok to run this oil in an engine that calls for Dexos 5W30 that is out of warranty? I'm assuming that since its recommended for many Ford engines with DI and turbos, that it should be fine, but of course I need to get the bitog opinion. Besides meeting Ford specs and SN, what other specs does it meet that yall are aware of?

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
particularly the 5W30, would it be ok to run this oil in an engine that calls for Dexos 5W30 that is out of warranty? I'm assuming that since its recommended for many Ford engines with DI and turbos, that it should be fine, but of course I need to get the bitog opinion. Besides meeting Ford specs and SN, what other specs does it meet that yall are aware of?
I just started working at the local Ford dealer as a line tech. I do my friends oil changes on there cars. Last month i did my friends 12 silverado 5.3L's oil change and used our bulk motorcraft 5w30. Truck burns a lil oil at 167K but is doing fine on the motorcraft 5w30.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
would it be ok to run this oil in an engine that calls for Dexos 5W30 that is out of warranty? I'm assuming that since its recommended for many Ford engines with DI and turbos, that it should be fine, but of course I need to get the bitog opinion.

It would probably meet Dexos1, but would never get the license due to being "the enemy" of GM.

Not quite sure it would meet Dexos.. The average NOACK I have seen with Motorcraft 5w30 is 14.4%. And Dexos is less than 13%. Plus how would Motorcraft measure up in the other parts of testing would be interesting to see. I will say that I believe WSS-MSC-946a is actually fairly close to Dexos in a number of performance measures. Having said that if I had a GM car or truck out of warranty I would run Motorcraft synthetic blend 5w30 in them if I wanted to.

Two years ago I bought a '14 Buick Encore from a Ford dealer. Motorcraft 5w30 worked great for the first oil change, seems like it burned off a bit more (but not much) and stayed cleaner than the MaxLife I now use (out of warranty, now pushing 100K). When I owned a Kia Rio I used Kendall semi-syn 5w30 from Firestone and probably would still be using that if they hadn't switched to QS for their basic $20 oil change. Generally any Conoco-Phillips oil is good in my opinion.

My 2010 Mountaineer with the 4.0 purchased used with 55,000 miles with all service records. The oil used was Motorcraft 5W-30 SB and motor craft filter changed every 4-5,000. The inside of the valve cover (cylinder head) Was SPOTLESS.

Well seems lots of people on here tout Motorcraft oil. Where do you buy it. Can you get full synthetic? How much is this great oil on sale?

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Well seems lots of people on here tout Motorcraft oil. Where do you buy it.

Usually walmart, but it's been a long time.

Can you get full synthetic? How much is this great oil on sale?

Not sure on full syn.... It seems it's never on sale anymore.

5w20 and 5w30, each as synthetic blends, are sold at my local WMarts for $18.47/5qt jug.

I usually get it at the Ford Quicklane for the $25 oil change. Which includes the oil, filter, inspection, labor, free coffee, little to no upselling. Not just with me but the other customers as well. No appointment needed so I avoid the peak times. Usually mid-afternoon, mid week works well. They service all makes and do a good job. Had tires installed there as well and they have a Hunter Balancer with a guy that knows how to use it properly. Which includes the Straight Trak and Roadforce Touch options. Which is what the local MB dealer has.

Well seems lots of people on here tout Motorcraft oil. Where do you buy it. Can you get full synthetic? How much is this great oil on sale?
The local ford dealer here will sell it for $5.00 a quart just have to bring own jugs. I switch over to GSUD 5W-30 with a fram ultra. QSUD is the same price so went with it. Super quiet but so was the MC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back